Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Human Resources Strategic Support Unit develops, retains, rewards and attracts talent needed for the business to attain strategic and operational goals.
Ball Aerospace 2020 Fall Intern Program:
We're committed to building a more diverse and representative Ball Aerospace. The GO BEYOND Diversity Internship is a paid fall internship program for undergraduate and graduate students who are enrolled in degree-seeking programs and are interested in working in the Aerospace industry. We have designed our program to provide minority college students with an opportunity to learn what business and specifically, the Aerospace industry is all about. Students from all schools and students who identify with a group that is historically underrepresented, including but not limited to Black, Hispanic, Asian, Native American and Women are encouraged to apply.
Human Resources Intern
What You'll Do
- As a Human Resource Business Partner at Ball Aerospace for various client groups within the business, you will be responsible for the following requirements:
- Be a part of a dynamic HR team that works together closely to build culture, drive outcomes in the best interest of the business and enable our employees to be their best.
- This role will be asked to directly support more senior Human Resources Business Partners with the execution of various HR requirements and work on various projects in support of the business.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Develop strong trusting relationships to gain support and achieve results.
- Exemplify Diversity and Inclusion and maintain an environment that emphasizes employee engagement.
- Have fun solving problems and be a part of a rapidly expanding business in the Aerospace, Defense and Technology industry.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need
- Must have completed your sophomore or junior year and be enrolled in a degree-seeking programs. We will also accept students enrolled in a graduate program.
- Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- A strong interest in HR practices and employment laws.
- Must have good attention to detail and good follow-up skills.
- Must have good computer skills such as Word, Excel, Windows, HRIS experience, etc.
- Must use initiative when problem solving with minimal supervision, professionally handle confidential material and information, maintain discretion and display a high degree of trust.
- Must be a team player and able to work with consensus decision making.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Nearest Major Market: Denver