Check Application Status Current HHC Employees
- Primary Care
- Medical Subspecialties
- Hospital Medicine and Emergency
- Advanced Practitioners
- Nurses & Nursing Support
- Graduate Nurses
- Experienced Nurses
- Student Nurses
- Clinical Professionals
- Professional & Administrative
- Support Services
- All Locations
- Acute Care Hospitals
- Backus Hospital
- Hartford Hospital
- The Hospital of Central Connecticut
- MidState Medical Center
- Windham Hospital
- Charlotte Hungerford Hospital
St. Vincent's Medical Center
- Behavioral Health
- Institute of Living
- Natchaug Hospital
- Medical Group
Hartford HealthCare Medical Group
- Rehabilitation Services
Hartford HealthCare Rehabilitation Network
- Senior Services
Hartford HealthCare Senior Services
- Homecare Services
- Hartford HealthCare at Home
Independence at Home
- Join Our Talent Network
- Check Application Status
- Current HHC Employees
- Follow Us
Keyword Location Join Our Talent Network
View all jobs
Join our Talent Network
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Primary Care
Hartford HealthCare Medical Group Specialists
Apply Now >
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
Job Schedule: Part Time
Standard Hours: 6
Job Shift: Shift 1
Shift Details: Saturday 8am - 2pm
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 25,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent's Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent's is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system's second-largest hospital.
- Provides basic bedside care to patients under the direction of a registered nurse or physician, functioning within scope of license.
- Contributes to the assessment of patients by collecting data for analysis by a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Administers medications and observes patients for adverse reactions to medications or treatments.
- Performs routine laboratory tests and simple therapeutic services.
- Educates patients/families about disease treatment plan including self care post discharge, holistic health needs, available resources and follow up care.
- Assists in all duties essential to the operational needs of the site.
- Adapts positively to a fast paced challenging environment.
- Assists individuals to meet their physical, emotional, spiritual, development, health and safety needs.
- Exhibits effective oral, written and electronic skills.
- Other Duties as assigned.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse credentialed from the Connecticut Department of Public Health obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Red Cross obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Graduate of an accredited practical or vocational nursing program
- 1 year experience preferred.
- Physician Office, Emergency Department or Outpatient Clinical setting.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.