Have you ever wanted to be part of something that truly matters?
Do you have a desire to help our Military?
Are you someone who takes pride in their work?
At General Dynamics Electric Boat - We deliver the advantage that protects Our Sailors, Our Families, and Our Freedom!
Applying for a position with General Dynamics Electric Boat means you are a purpose driven collaborator that will be devoted to our mission of providing the United States Navy with the most superior nuclear submarines in the world. We consider all highly motivated applicants that strive to reach their fullest potential. Joining our team means you become part of a 100 year legacy of dedicated Americans that have left their mark on the continued freedom of this great country. We welcome you the opportunity to leave yours!
General Dynamics Ethos & Corporate Responsibility
- Commitment to Ethics
- Commitment to Employees
- Supporting Service Members
- Supporting Communities
- Environmental Responsibility
The SHT Engineering group is responsible for the system engineering, project management, and implementation of SHT and related non-metallic shipboard material systems. The primary functions include support of existing SHT and related manufacturing and installation systems, development of new materials and material concepts, and the development of new technologies for installing SHT and materials/systems on submarines and other platforms to enhance platform performance. The deck plate responsibilities involve providing support to existing installations (SEAWOLF, VIRGINIA and Los Angeles classes) including procedure interpretation, troubleshooting inspection and repair as well as New Construction SHT installation support of VIRGINIA and Columbia class ships at Quonset Point, Groton and Newport News.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Material Engineering
- 2-3 years experience in a mechanical or material engineering position
- Experience with Solidworks and/or ABAQUS software
- SHT or SHT related experience
- Polymer and/or castable Urethane experience
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, written and oral communication skills, presentation skills
- Proven ability to interface with all levels of management and vendors
- Travel between sites and vendors
Climbing, Light Lifting