Check Application Status Current HHC Employees
- Primary Care
- Medical Subspecialties
- Hospital Medicine and Emergency
- Advanced Practitioners
- Nurses & Nursing Support
- Graduate Nurses
- Experienced Nurses
- Student Nurses
- Clinical Professionals
- Professional & Administrative
- Support Services
- All Locations
- Acute Care Hospitals
- Backus Hospital
- Hartford Hospital
- The Hospital of Central Connecticut
- MidState Medical Center
- Windham Hospital
- Charlotte Hungerford Hospital
St. Vincent's Medical Center
- Behavioral Health
- Institute of Living
- Natchaug Hospital
- Medical Group
Hartford HealthCare Medical Group
- Rehabilitation Services
Hartford HealthCare Rehabilitation Network
- Senior Services
Hartford HealthCare Senior Services
- Homecare Services
- Hartford HealthCare at Home
Independence at Home
- Join Our Talent Network
- Check Application Status
- Current HHC Employees
- Follow Us
Keyword Location Join Our Talent Network
View all jobs
Join our Talent Network
Office Coordinator - Neuroscience OP Center
Apply Now >
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
Job Schedule: Full Time
Standard Hours: 40
Job Shift: Shift 1
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford Hospital is one of the largest and most respected teaching hospitals New England. We are a Level 1 Trauma Center that provides cutting edge treatment to its patients. This is made possible by being home to the largest robotic surgery center in the Northeast and the Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI), one of the most-advanced medical simulation training centers in the world. When hospitals cannot provide the advanced care, expertise and new treatment options their patients require, they turn to us.
- The Office Coordinator is responsible for managing the daily operations of the practice and performing a variety of administrative functions related to the daily operations of the practice.
- Supervises the administrative and clinical staff and practice operations including scheduling, work flow, service delivery and employee performance.
- Serves as primary resource to office staff on administrative matters including, but not limited to: patient flow, office operations, customer service, health insurance, billing/coding requirements, and EMR functionality and utilization.
- The Office Coordinator assists the clinical and medical staff in organizing and triaging care by accurately relaying pertinent patient information, adjusting the patient schedule as needed, scheduling and coordinating urgent care with other resources within practices and releasing health information in accordance with HIPPA requirements.
- Insure that all staff members communicate and interact with patients in a courteous, respectful, and businesslike manner. Holds staff accountable for customer service standards; intercedes and takes appropriate action when incidents occur.
- Insure that all staff members comply with HIPAA requirements.
- Maintain and adjust staff schedules to compliment practice provider schedules.
- Responsible for processing all new patients into the practice, maintaining contact and acting as the patient's primary resource and contact as they are brought into the practice.
- Assists the Office and/or Practice Manager in developing and maintaining departmental budgets.
- Communicates with staff regarding new policies and procedures, changes in billing and insurance policies, and any other issues related to the operation of the practice.
- Processes time worked/attendance into Kronos for office staff.
- Manages and coordinates vacation and personal time off to insure minimum disruption of practice operations.
- Responsible for ensuring adherence to organizational policies, procedures and regulatory standards.
- Interviews candidates and makes hiring decisions in conjunction with the Office and/or Practice Manager.
- Acts as a liaison to regarding daily operations and staff communication.
- Promotes teamwork within the practice through timely and collaborative communication with medical staff. Conducts monthly staff meetings to discuss issues, concerns, improvement initiatives, and promote teamwork.
- Orients new hires and provides on-going training and education to staff, utilizing in-house documented office and clinical policies and procedures.
- Completes all aspects of employee performance appraisals and reviews with the Office and/or Practice Manager.
- Handles employee performance and disciplinary issues, participates in counseling sessions/disciplinary actions, and involves Office and/or Practice Manager as necessary.
- Maintains office equipment, orders supplies, and maintains inventories. Insure that all work areas are organized and that all areas (especially patient care area) are cleaned and maintained.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all office functions and provides direct support as needed.
- Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned by the Practice Administrator
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Associate/Bachelor's Degree and/or appropriate certification preferred.
- 1 year experience in a medical/surgical practice required.
- Previous management/supervisory or leadership experience preferred.
- Strong communications skills and experience in a leading role required.
- Ability to improve quality and productivity by identifying improvement opportunities.
- Knowledge and behaviors required to meet age specific patient needs (e.g. Pediatrics, adolescents, and Geriatrics) preferred.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.