Check Application Status Current HHC Employees
- Primary Care
- Medical Subspecialties
- Hospital Medicine and Emergency
- Advanced Practitioners
- Nurses & Nursing Support
- Graduate Nurses
- Experienced Nurses
- Student Nurses
- Clinical Professionals
- Professional & Administrative
- Support Services
- All Locations
- Acute Care Hospitals
- Backus Hospital
- Hartford Hospital
- The Hospital of Central Connecticut
- MidState Medical Center
- Windham Hospital
- Charlotte Hungerford Hospital
St. Vincent's Medical Center
- Behavioral Health
- Institute of Living
- Natchaug Hospital
- Medical Group
Hartford HealthCare Medical Group
- Rehabilitation Services
Hartford HealthCare Rehabilitation Network
- Senior Services
Hartford HealthCare Senior Services
- Homecare Services
- Hartford HealthCare at Home
Independence at Home
- Join Our Talent Network
- Check Application Status
- Current HHC Employees
- Follow Us
Keyword Location Join Our Talent Network
View all jobs
Join our Talent Network
Registered Nurse (RN) - Medical Oncology
Apply Now >
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
Job Schedule: Full Time
Standard Hours: 40
Job Shift: Shift 1
Shift Details: 40hrs Per Week; Monday-Friday
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 25,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare network.
The Hartford HealthCare Cancer Institute (HHC CI) is a certified member of the Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK) Cancer Alliance. Through the bi-directional collaboration facilitated by this partnership, community providers are better positioned to provide state-of-the-art, evidence-based cancer care to improve the lives of cancer patients. Together, the Hartford Healthcare Cancer Institute and Memorial Sloan Kettering are staying ahead of cancer.
The Hartford HealthCare Cancer Institute focuses on offering our cancer patients an unparalleled network of coordinated services– all under one roof. Our system of care includes a truly integrated team with the most talented, experienced, and compassionate caregivers and physicians, backed by the latest cutting-edge technology.
Registered Nurse (RN) will work in our Medical Oncology Practice providing holistic, quality nursing care for patients/families and/or others for a patient population within the practice. Responsibilities include but, are not limited to the following:
- Acts as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide continuity of care throughout various stages of treatment and follow-up including, but not exclusive to: providers, social work, dietician, integrative medicine, pharmacy, navigators, laboratory, radiation therapy, genetics, and clinical research.
- Scheduling patients for treatments and triaging of patient phone calls.
- Manage a caseload of patients receiving a variety of infusion therapies on an outpatient basis.
- Collaboration with referring physician offices to coordinate one time or ongoing therapies.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently and effectively while continuing to provide the safest, highest quality care.
- Participates in the implementation of clinical support programs to ensure optimal care throughout the health-care continuum.
- Engages in and aligns with the HHC Cancer Institute at the local, regional and system level.
- Current Connecticut RN License
- BSN strongly preferred
- OCN Preferred
- BLS Required at time of hire.
- Two (2) years of Previous Oncology Nursing experience required
- Care Coordination or Navigation experience preferred
- Knowledge of Breast Cancer and women's health preferred
- Experience with Electronic Health Record (EPIC) preferred
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.