The Solar Project Manager will be responsible for ownership of the complete project from development to construction of turnkey C&I Solar projects throughout the northeast, concentrating in Central Connecticut and Southern Massachusetts. The position involves some travel to sites, but will be primarily office based. The ideal candidate will have ample experience with turn-key commercial solar project management for rooftop system installation and ground mount installation (tracking systems and ground mount experience considered a plus)
AsProject Manager you will own the responsibility of managing and executing multiple solar projects through various phases. You will be responsible for design including overseeing system design process, initial site evaluation, and plan sets. You will be responsible for utility Interconnection including submitting applications and managing the approval process, as well as permitting which includes zoning permits. In this role you will manage the procurement process with a focus on major system components (panels, inverters, racking, switchgear), technology evaluation, bidding, vendor selection, purchase orders, and logistics.
Additionally you will be responsible for subcontractors including bidding, contractor selection, contract negotiations, scheduling, and execution. You will over see thetimelines, including coordinating with customer, subcontractors, vendors, towns and utility and provide ongoing Operations support by prioritizing daily maintenance issues and annual inspections.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering , Construction Management or related field
- 5-+ years of experience in Project Management of commercial solar development through to completion
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to lead a diverse group of individuals.
- Successfully led and managed complex bids valued at $20 million or a series of complex bids simultaneously with an aggregate value of $20 million.
- Demonstrated success in the Project Management function of a turn-key solar development firm
- Demonstrated success managing EPCs and developing and executing innovative project changes.
- Experience developing cost to completes, costing and pricing change orders, and maximizing profits.
- Excellent teamwork, communication and people skills a must.
- Has a solid time management system and demonstrates excellent organizational skills.
- Working Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, P3/P6 Primavera and Expedition software.
- Basic knowledge of HCSS, AGTEK, AIA software and PeopleSoft systems.
- NABCEP certification perferred