About the Company:
Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means joining one of the world's largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic global companies. Stanley Black & Decker is a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems. We have been globally recognized as one of the most innovative, sustainable, and rewarding companies in the world. Recent acquisitions have made us the largest hand-tool, accessory and power tool manufacturer in the world.
About the Role:
Reporting directly to the Director, Process Engineering Training & Governance, APO Team, this role is responsible for leading the design and implementation of the Stanley Production System and related training and certification program. The Senior manager will work closely with the Process Engineering Leadership Team along with business and corporate partners to develop and effectively implement the new operating system and drive its transition from a new program to being embedded in our company's culture.
- Lead the design, implementation and maintenance of the Stanley Production System
- Serve as trusted advisor to others on the process engineering team
- Mentor Green/Black Belts and Sponsors in their application of Lean and Six Sigma tools, techniques and principles
- Maintain and ensure compliance with the process engineering team's governance process
- Develop and maintain the Stanley Production System's training and certification platform and process
- Facilitate and lead improvement projects, utilizing Lean Six Sigma methodologies on an as needed basis
- Conduct classroom instruction for Yellow, Green and Black Belts, as well as Executive/Project Sponsor Workshop and Project Identification and Selection Workshops.
- Minimum 8 years' experience in Continuous Improvement and Lean Six Sigma leadership support in similar organizations. This includes training/mentoring green belt/black belt candidates through formal training interventions and/or through training as part of project delivery.
- Lean Six Sigma certification at Black Belt level and demonstrated application of tools and methodologies in leading projects and initiatives.
- Facilitator with experience leading a variety of teams and demonstrated ability to build positive working relationships with a variety of business partners.
- Experience implementing a continuous improvement operating system in a manufacturing organization.
- Solid understanding of Hoshin Planning and recent experience training and deploying the methodology
- Demonstrated change management experience and ability to influence and gain commitment at all organizational levels to positively transform organizational culture.
- Excellent written and oral communications. This includes technical writing skills as applied to the development of high-quality analytical products/deliverables as well as business proposals.
- Strong analytical skills used to keep projects on track, overcome barriers, and deliver results at program and project management levels.
- Strong proficiency with MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MINITAB or similar statistical analysis software.
- Experience building a foundation to enable organizational wide continuous improvement and/or successfully implementing Lean Six Sigma in a similar organization is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
- Formal training/education in advanced analytics a plus
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus
- Change management or Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) certifications a plus
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER