To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
As a core member of the Care delivery team, the Clinical Nurse practices as the patients nurse and collaborates with the team to facilitate the coordination of patient care at the unit level. Through utilization of the nursing process, the clinical nurse diagnoses and treats patient and family responses to actual or potential health problems. The Clinical Nurse is accountable to the patient, family, peers, and Manager. Patient and family centered care (PFCC) at YNHH is demonstrated by working with patients and their families based on the 4 principles of PFCC: participation, dignity and respect, information sharing, and collaboration. This includes providing service excellence by creating a great "First Impression" by demonstrating exemplary customer service skills for all customer groups including patients, families/friends, physicians, staff and support department personnel. Adheres to the "I Am YNHH" service excellence pledge and promotes a positive work environment.
- Nursing Process
- 1.1 The Clinical Nurse I (CN I) utilizes the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation while caring for our patients maintaining confidentiality and dignity. The Clinical Nurse provides safe, effective evidenced based care tailored to the individual needs of the patient and family. As a core member of the care delivery team, the Clinical Nurse partners with the team to facilitate the coordination of patient care at the unit level utilizing the principles of patient/family centered care.
- Clinician Patient Relationship
- 2.1 Demonstrates a holistic and caring approach throughout the nurse patient relationship.
- Clinical Expertise / Problem Solving
- 3.1 Collaborates with members of the multidisciplinary team to support the work of the team, unit activities, and the accomplishment of positive patient outcomes.
- 4.1 Delegates responsibilities to appropriate members of the care delivery team based upon an understanding of others' roles, scope of practice, knowledge, and capabilities to ensure optimal utilization of personnel.
- Practice Development / Positive Impact (improvement of the self and improvement of the practice of nursing}
- 5.1 Successfully completes the competency based orientation within designated time frame.
- 6.1 Communicates in a calm professional manner with patients, families, colleagues, members of the care team, and other hospital personnel, accepts and elicits feedback, and works toward resolving problems and clarifying issues and concerns.
Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing., Licensed and a currently registered nurse in the State of Connecticut., All newly hired Registered Nurses must have current BCLS certification or must obtain within one month of hire.
Clinical Nurse is the basic level for new graduates and all registered nurses., All RNs are expected to advance to their optimal level of functioning through promotion.
Excellent communications, interpersonal, coordinative, and organizational skills.
Requires prolonged standing; walking; use of sight, hearing, and touch; moving/lifting patients of varying weights.
- Multiple positions available. These positions will be to support Covid-19 testing sites across the state. Travel to multiple sites will be required. Per diem, Part time and Full Time opportunities are available. Testing will occur at Skilled Nursing Facilities and State of CT operated facilities. Day shift Monday through Friday - hours vary dependent vary dependent on schedule
Sites are located throughout the State in the following Counties; Please indicate travel preferences.
Southern Hartford County
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMAND:
The COVID Testing Nurse will be required to operate in an environment with potentially infectious patients. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. They are also required to stand and walk. They must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.