Field Based Practice Performance Specialist - Telecommute within New Haven or Bridgeport, CT area (885923)
Combine two of the fastest - growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making Healthcare data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.SM
Together, we're removing the barriers that keep people from receiving the kind of quality healthcare that makes a difference. We focus on Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance as we empower people to achieve better health and well - being.
Employees in this position will work on - site or virtually as an extension of the local quality and provider teams by aligning to geographical regions, medical centers and / or physician practices that manage a high volume of UHC Medicare & Retirement membership.
- Partner with leadership team, the practice administrative or clinical staff to determine the best strategies to support the practice and members
- Telephonically assist UHC members and determine best support for their care
- Participate within department campaigns to aid overall quality and improvements for practice
- Data analysis
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of telephonic customer service experience
- 6+ months of a healthcare background with medical terminology; familiarity of clinical issues
- 1+ years of experience working as a pharmacy technician OR retail pharmacy experience
- Experience with navigating, filtering and analyzing reports in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to travel to multiple medical offices in the New Haven, CT or Bridgeport, CT city area throughout the week
- Experience with ICD 9 /10 and CPT Codes
- Bilingual Spanish
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Optum, UHG, Medicare, customer service, Bridgeport, New Haven, CT, telecommute