The Commercial Field Service Electrician will report to the Field Manager and provide diagnostic, troubleshooting, preventive and corrective maintenance services to Tesla's energy products including but not limited to: Commercial solar PV systems, batteries, and electric vehicle charging stations. The Commercial Field Service Electrician will be asked to assist in the commissioning of the solar arrays, batteries and electric vehicle charging stations and monitoring systems during project installation.
The ideal candidate has experience in the installation and serving of commercial and/or residential solar PV systems.
- Perform required preventive maintenance activities on commercial inverters to maintain warranty coverage
- Respond to corrective maintenance cases on commercial solar PV, commercial energy storage systems, vehicle charging stations and updating online case logs accurately
- Attend and demonstrate outstanding performance at multiple inverter training schools
- Work safely and in accordance with Tesla and industry standard safety requirements
- Report writing, where required, to comply with deliverables in commercial O&M contracts
- Work closely with members of the Operations Engineering Systems Reliability team to respond to open case directions and provide data where requested
- Prioritize conflicting work requests and escalations
- Respond to customers' concerns with the performance or functionality of their system
- Ensure the vehicle, tooling, electronics, software, and company property issued are accounted for and taken care of at all times
- Work collaboratively with the electric vehicle charging teams to understand the system and installation requirements
- Support the ongoing development and improvement of the Tesla Field Service team
- Preferred industry experience in installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting solar PV systems, battery storage or electric vehicle charging stations.
- Minimum a valid Journeyman Electrician card required to perform electrical work in the states where work will be performed.
- Understanding of the NEC codes that relate to solar PV installations
- Knowledge of NFPA 70E practices
- Proficiency in installing grid-tied inverters and able to work with various ground and roof mount racking systems
- Ability to stay organized in a fast-paced environment with aggressive timelines
- Ability to work in extreme environments, e.g. hot sun, below freezing, crawl spaces, etc.
- Proficient working with spreadsheets, word processing, and computer-based applications (e.g. time tracking, case management, etc.)
- Must be able to work at heights, climb ladders and stairs, lift heavy objects and work on your feet for long periods of time
- Bending, stooping, crawling, in confined spaces, working in limited illuminated areas, working in dusty conditions are required
- Ability to work independently and manage your own schedule
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license and an acceptable and safe driving record
- Ability to travel for up to 2 weeks at a time
- Must be 18 years of age