Monday - Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm and on call to rotate to all locations.
Stamford Hospital is hiring a full-time Echo Tech! The Echo cardiographer performs a variety of non-invasive diagnostic cardiology procedures on both an inpatient and outpatient basis; Uses sonographic imaging to create high quality images of cardiac structure and function; Processes all Cardiology charges for these exams and prepares exams for physician interpretation and final transcription and reporting; Performs a variety of non-invasive diagnostic cardiology procedures on both an inpatient and outpatient basis.
MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES/CRITICAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Produces high quality ultrasound images with careful attention to patient positioning, preparation and technical factors. Is able to select and modify technical factors as needed. Can also obtain quality images when performing sonograms on a portable or bedside patient located on one of the hospital units.
- Processes all necessary hospital computer system functions which pertain to patient billing and preparation of exams for physician interpretation.
- Obtains all pertinent patient information needed to aid physicians in exam interpretation. Explains the procedure to patients in order to facilitate cooperation and alleviate anxiety. Recognizes and reports serious findings immediately to a physician.
- Maintains sonographic equipment in peak operating condition with attention to cleanliness, disinfection and adequate amount of supplies on hand. Maintains patient records in an orderly fashion.
- Schedules patients for exams with physician offices and inpatient units being careful to obtain all needed information and explains any patient preparation needed for the particular tests.
- May be trained and assigned to duties similar to the Cardiology Tech II as needed and/or requested by the supervisor. These duties may include performing of routine EKG's, Exercise Tolerance Testing, 24 Hour Monitoring, and Tilt Table Tests.
- Graduation from an ARDMS certified training program. Additional training in cross sectional anatomy and physiology.
- Appropriate knowledge of pathologic conditions.
- Registered or Registry eligible for Diagnostic Cardiac Sonography examination.
- Some computer skills are also desired.