Stamford Health is seeking a Medical Assistant to join our Laboratory Team!! The Medical Assistant will assist in the delivery of care in the ambulatory setting under the direct supervision of a licensed nurse or physician. This is a Full-time position, Monday-Friday varying day shift hours.
MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES / CRITICAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide patient care in outpatient physician practice under the direction of the practicing physician, physician assistant, or licensed nurse.
- Assist with other clinical and clerical duties to ensure optimization of patient experience within the practice.
- Welcomes patients by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Prepares patients for the health care visit by directing and/or accompanying them to the examining room.
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; reviewing and/or recording medical history; taking vital signs; confirming purpose of visit or treatment.
- Provides sleep test results to patient.
- Counsels patients by transmitting physician's orders.
- Completes records by recording patient examination, treatment, and test results.
- Schedule hospital procedures and tests, precertification, and obtain test results.
- Handle phone calls and messages for prescriptions, notes, forms, etc.
- Maintain clinical flow in all areas of the practice.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Diploma from accredited Medical Assistant school/program.
- National Certification required.
- Two years job experience preferred.
- Demonstrate basic computer skills.
- Demonstrate willingness to work in a team environment.
- Flexibility to commute to different offsite locations.
- Demonstrate flexibility due to unexpected changes in workload.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written English proficiency required