Check Application Status Current HHC Employees
- Primary Care
- Medical Subspecialties
- Hospital Medicine and Emergency
- Advanced Practitioners
- Nurses & Nursing Support
- Graduate Nurses
- Experienced Nurses
- Student Nurses
- Clinical Professionals
- Professional & Administrative
- Support Services
- All Locations
- Acute Care Hospitals
- Backus Hospital
- Hartford Hospital
- The Hospital of Central Connecticut
- MidState Medical Center
- Windham Hospital
- Charlotte Hungerford Hospital
St. Vincent's Medical Center
- Behavioral Health
- Institute of Living
- Natchaug Hospital
- Medical Group
Hartford HealthCare Medical Group
- Rehabilitation Services
Hartford HealthCare Rehabilitation Network
- Senior Services
Hartford HealthCare Senior Services
- Homecare Services
- Hartford HealthCare at Home
Independence at Home
- Join Our Talent Network
- Check Application Status
- Current HHC Employees
- Follow Us
Keyword Location Join Our Talent Network
View all jobs
Join our Talent Network
Pharmacy Intern / Pharmacy General
Charlotte Hungerford Hospital
Apply Now >
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
Job Schedule: Per Diem
Standard Hours: 1
Job Shift: Shift 1
- Prepares sterile drug products (IV admixtures, chemotherapy, and TPN) and non-sterile drug products for inpatients and outpatients under the direct supervision of a registered pharmacist and following established procedures, in order to ready the drug product for administration to the patient.
- Maintains accurate records of sterile and non-sterile products prepared, credits, charges, patient specific records, and other documentation as required either manually or through the computer to comply with regulatory requirements and ensure pharmacy information is readily available.
- May maintain the inventory of controlled drugs by ordering, packaging, counting and issuing controlled drugs in order to meet the regulatory mandates and insure availability of needed drugs.
- Monitors storage conditions for drugs and other pharmacy items through regular nursing unit inspections to ensure items are stored appropriately.
- Maintain inventories by ordering, stocking and/or rotating drugs and supplies, discarding expired drugs to ensure adequate supplies at all times in accordance with established department procedures.
- Demonstrates competencies, including, knowledge and behaviors, to meet age specific patient needs.
- Review medications lists of patients being admitted for accuracy and completeness to facilitate medication reconciliation by a licensed independent practitioner.
- Works effectively as a team member within department and with customers to provide quality service to hospital units through communication, cooperation and collaboration.
Currently enrolled in an accredited PharmD program
At least one clinical rotation in a hospital setting.
Licensure, Certification, Registration
Pharmacy Intern registration with Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection required by March 31st of each year.