The foundation for success of the Defense Commissary Agency mission is our people. It is DeCA's goal to have a workforce that is comprised of our nation's diverse cultures and backgrounds. DeCA operates a worldwide commissary system that provides quality grocery products to active duty military personnel and retirees, members of the Reserve and National Guard, and their families, as well as current DeCA employees. The agency employs over 15,000 people and its annual sales exceed $4 billion.
Learn more about this agency
- Perform basic account maintenance procedures to ensure files, logs, and reports are complete.
- Ensure adequate stock and operating supplies are maintained.
- Operate computer systems to input or correct data, and produce documents, reports, shelf labels and signs.
- Verify receipts against invoices.
- Job family (Series)
0303 Miscellaneous Clerk And Assistant
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a United States Citizen
- Application materials must be received by 11:59 EST On the closing date.
- Work Schedule: Part time, Not to exceed 48 hours bi-weekly.
- Tour of Duty: Irregular Schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) Costs: ARE NOT AUTHORIZED.
- Position Sensitivity: Non-Sensitive
- Security Requirements: Not Applicable
- Overtime: Occasionally
- Temporary Duty (TDY) Travel: Occasionally
- Fair Labor Standards Act: (FLSA): Non-Exempt
- Bargaining Unit Position: Yes
- Drug Testing: Not Required
- Physical Requirement: Lift and carry items weighing up to 25 pounds without assistance
- Obligated Position: No
- Selective Service Requirement: All male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must be registered with the selective service system or exempt from Selective Service. Please visit https://www.sss.gov/xqttzadavcxcbszsqyautyfrbst for more information.
In accordance with the Group Coverage Qualification Standards for Clerical and Administrative Support Positions, http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/Standards/group-stds/gs-cler.asp.applications
To qualify for this position you must possess one year of general experience General experience is described as progressively responsible clerical, office, or other work that indicates ability to acquire the particular knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of the position to be filled.
Two years successfully completed education above high school from a college or university accredited by an organization approved by the U.S. Department of Education (https://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/) and in an appropriate field of study as described elsewhere in this announcement.
A combination of experience and education equaling 100% of the qualifications.
Additional information is available in the Group Coverage Qualifications Standards.
Volunteer Experience: Your experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through a National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
For qualifications determinations your resume must contain your name, a description of your duties, the number of hours worked per week and the beginning and ending dates (month/year) for each position. Resumes that do not contain this information will be marked as insufficient and applicants may not receive consideration for this position.
To ensure full consideration of your experience and education we encourage you to use the USAJOBS resume builder to prepare your resume or to guide you in preparing your resume.
Time after competitive appointment: Candidates applying under merit promotion must have completed three months of civilian service after a competitive appointment by the closing date of the announcement. (5 CFR 330.501)
If you are relying on education to qualify, then:
- Your education must be from a college or university accredited by an organization approved by the U.S. Department of Education. See https://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/ for more information.
- Failure to provide transcripts will result in you being rated ineligible for this position. We accept unofficial transcripts for the application process, as long as they contain your name, the name of the school, the date and degree awarded, and the list of classes and credits earned. Transcripts must be received by this office no later than 11:59 PM EST on the closing date in order to be considered.
- If selected, an official transcript MUST be received before an Entrance of Duty date is set.