At ChristianaCare in Molecular Diagnostics, part of the Medical Laboratory Department, located at the Christiana campus, we are currently recruiting for a Medical Laboratory Scientist to work full time.in a day shift position. Start times will vary between 7:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. Weekends and holidays as required.
- Accurately performs all test procedures as listed in the procedure manual.
- Performs and records all scheduled instrument preventative maintenance procedures.
- Follows established quality control procedures, documenting corrective action if necessary.
- Adheres to all turnaround times, documents calls as necessary, verifies critical values and specimen identification.
- Verifies completion of all stat results and all routine results in a timely manner.
- Records workload and other statistics into computer system as necessary.
- Performs assigned work safely adhering to established department safety rules and practices.
- Performs other related duties as instructed.
- Bachelors of Science in Medical Technology or Medical Laboratory Science / ASCP Certification preferred
- Knowledge of clinical laboratory techniques and procedures
- Knowledge of infection control techniques and procedures
- Ability to coordinate simultaneous tests and procedures with accuracy
- Skill in the use of automated laboratory equipment
Post End Date
Oct 30, 2020
EEO Posting Statement
Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.