At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Data Engineer within PNC's Analytics Competency Center (ACC), you will be based in Cleveland, Ohio, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Wilmington, Delaware, Raleigh, NC or Columbus, Ohio.
This position will be a member of the Analytics Competency Center (ACC) big data team and primarily contribute to data engineering solution that leverage Teradata technology. This position will oversee business usage, overall server utilization, monitoring user activities identifying performance opportunities, driving usage & capabilities related to Teradata platform.
Requirements & Responsibilities:
- BS in a STEM related degree plus 3+ years of related experience.
- Working knowledge and experience with ETL & Teradata framework
- Teradata Graf Database & query optimization techniques
- Develop Teradata engineering practice & capabilities in PNC's Adhoc Lab environment
- Assist user community during platform on-boarding process
- Building and monitoring surveillance to address platform stability issues
- Support the closure of audit, regulatory and other control function finding
- Understand the PNC-IRM risk management practices.
- Experience in Hadoop & Python is a plus but not required.
Teradata Data Engineer will support in following areas:
- Data Integration: Applications for acquiring data, interpreting the data, and applying logic to transform data into relational analytics objects.
- Data Processing (including Data Science): Consume enterprise data to produce actionable insights to drive business functions. Integrate Data Science capabilities to enhance decision-making and enable autonomous learning.
- Data Management: Manage the content of the analytics ecosystem, including data lineage, metadata management, data quality, data patterns, and more.
- Data Presentation: Prepare data for human consumption through BI data visualizations
- Data Services: Applications for presenting data for programmatic consumption, including complex analytical data.
- Collaborate with architects and other engineers on application design and framework enhancements.
Candidate will work closely with other Analytics Competency Center Data engineering team and also interact with multiple business stakeholders. The candidate will participate in big data project, inclusion & exclusion methodology related to Personal Data Rights (PDR) & Data Tokenization, researching of the data, impact of data consumption and compliance. The ideal candidate should be familiar with Teradata platform & related SQL tools, familiarity with Enterprise Data Warehouse, and knowledge of data provisioning. Candidate should be able to present to large groups, develop training material & conduct user lunch-n-lean session.
Please note; PNC will not sponsor work visas for this position.
- Develops, supports and implements data services for multiple applications to meet business objectives and user requirements. Uses technical knowledge and industry experience to design, build and maintain technology solutions.
- Works closely with users, developers, operations and business partners to define data service requirements and the data preparation process development.
- Designs and builds data service infrastructure on multiple data platforms, according to key business processes and the overall workflow.
- Develops and implements data solutions for multiple applications to ensure its scalability, availability and maintainability.
- Implements data migration and transformation activities/processes to ensure the accuracy and security of data solutions.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
Application Delivery Process – Knowledge of major tasks, deliverables, and formal application delivery methodologies; ability to utilize these in order to deliver new or enhanced applications.
Big Data Management and Analytics – Knowledge and ability to plan and execute, big data management and analytics.
Business Intelligence – Knowledge of and ability to utilize business processes and technologies for gathering, storing, analyzing, and providing access to data that helps the organization make better business decisions.
Data Analysis - Software – Knowledge of the investigation, evaluation, interpretation, and classification of data; the ability to identify, collect and analyze data to facilitate the development, implementation and application of software systems.
Data Architecture – Knowledge and ability to create models and standards to govern which data is collected, and how it is stored, arranged, integrated, and put to use in data systems and in organizations.
Database Structures – Knowledge of and the ability to utilize appropriate database structures to organize and store data in a particular manner.
Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Problem Solving – Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Software Development Life Cycle – Knowledge of and experience with using a structured methodology for delivering new or enhanced software products to the marketplace.
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of relevant / direct industry experience. Certifications are often desired. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at email@example.com.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.