Our client, a full-service CPA accounting and advisory firm located in Wilmington, Delaware, has asked for our assistance in sourcing for anexperiencedAccountant with 3-5 years of tax and/or audit experience (CPA required or in the process of acquiring).The candidate will have a BA or BS degree in accounting or related subject and have knowledge of GAAP and GAAS.This opportunity allows for the right professional to gain valuable experience in tax, consulting, audit and accounting work. Tax work will include the preparation of individual and business tax returns. Audit works will include field work and reporting for government, public schools and non-profit entities and certain niche industry audits. This is an addition to staff and will act like a floater from the Tax and Audit departments depending on demand/workload. Exposure to Non-Profit is a plus. Great benefits and work-life balance; even during tax season.
Successful team members are self-starters, who effectively and efficiently manage their work load in order to complete assigned tasks/engagements on a timely basis and within project scope and budget. They have a depth of technical knowledge within their discipline and stay current on tax code changes. They contribute to the team by handling challenges in a positive, professional manner, effectively managing the demands of tax and audit deadlines, contributing new ideas, and mentoring staff accountants.
- B.A. or B.S. degree in Accounting
- CPA license required or in the process of acquiring a license
- Minimum of 3-5 years related work experience in tax and audit
- Knowledge of GAAP and GAAS
- Perform audit engagements in a variety of industries
- Develop and execute audit programs by documenting objectives, identifying risks, evaluating controls, and designing test procedures associated with the audit scope
- Perform technical accounting research on a variety of accounting topics
- Prepare clear, concise workpapers and other communications
- Plan, coordinate and oversee client tax services: Work with clients from both a corporate and individual perspective; Organize multiple client engagement projects; Coordinate tax research and planning; Perform a full spectrum of corporate, partnership, and individual tax services including planning, research and compliance
- Proficiency in researching and interpreting tax rules
- Perform bookkeeping services which may include recording transactions in ledgers, preparing trial balances and financial statements
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvement in Client operations and/or weakness in systems of internal controls
- Tech savvy; proficient computer skills in accounting workpaper systems, and MS Office products;
- Tech savvy; proficient computer skills in accounting workpaper systems, and MS Office products; XPM, BNA, CCH ProSystems fx Tax, advanced in Excel and Word.
Our client is an award-winning, full-service CPA accounting and advisory firm providing tax, audit, estate, trust, and accounting services to small businesses, nonprofits, families and individuals, and captive insurance groups.They have have proudly served clients from the Delaware valley and across the United States since 1939.
Our client offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes health insurance, 401(k), paid vacation and holidays, CPE training, employee referral bonus, and free on-site fitness center.
This is a great place to work and if you feel you have the necessary qualifications please forward a recent copy of your resume and state your salary requirements