CACI is seeking a Certified Navy Diesel Inspector to support our Navy customer located at the Navy Yard.
What You'll Get to Do:
Responsible for evaluating diesel engine (Main Propulsion Diesel Engine (MPDE) and Ship's Service Diesel Generator (SSDG)) technical issues, system installation requirements, size determination, and equipment selection
Evaluate diesel engine installations including lube oil and fuel systems
Develop and review diesel engine technical documentation and make recommendations
Develop engineering change requests and provide specification mark ups to support draft changes
Assess the progress of on-site ship construction work and make recommendations to the Government
Provide Diesel Baseline Assessment Support
Develop Safe to start documentation
Support Trial events both pre and post-delivery
- Provide Generator and Main Engine test -witnessing
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in the operation, repair, maintenance and assessment of U. S Navy diesel engines Diesel engine inspections, Main propulsion diesel engines (MPDE), Ships service diesel generators (SSDG), Emergency diesel generators (EDG) associated support systems to include lube oil, fuel oil sea water, engine jacket water, engine control systems (electronic/pneumatic) and Vibration, Performance and failure Analysis
- Must have recent (within 18 months) hands-on experience with the respective equipment
- Must be knowledgeable in engine performance analysis, repairs, machinery vibration and failure analysis
- Must be knowledgeable in interpreting, reviewing and applying engine work specifications, engine maintenance standards/practices, repair procedures and technical documentation
- Ability to utilize computers including the Microsoft Office Suite for compiling information for reports and history files and transfer digital pictures from camera to computer and enhance as required and label them for report purposes
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally
- An active Confidential clearance is the minimum requirement to begin employment. As a requirement of continued employment, you will be required to obtain a Secret Security Clearance
- The specialized experience shall demonstrate the individual s ability to: Must have a current certification as a US Navy Fleet Diesel Engine Inspector (DEI), hold NEC 4314 and have a desired minimum of four (4) years of experience as a certified DEI in accordance with NAVSEA 9220
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Five (5) years experience within last 10 years: With 600 PSI or 1200 PSI steam propulsion, diesel propulsion or gas turbine propulsion and auxiliary equipment at a level equivalent to the qualification of an engineering officer of the watch
- A minimum of two (2) of the years in availability planning, modernization, repair and testing of shipboard equipment and systems
- A minimum of one (1) of the years as a technical instructor or as an IMA quality assurance inspector
- If retired from active duty, must have been an inspector in good standing with NAVSEA and successfully able to regain a current certification from NAVSEA within 3 months of starting
- Four (4) of the years in administration of the Navy 3-M and supply system
What We Can Offer You:
- We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.