Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Industrial Security Specialist
This individual serves Industrial Security Unit (ISU) as the liaison between the Contracting Office and the Department on security clearance requirements for classified contracts. The ISU is responsible for facilitating the contract vendor's Facility Security Clearance and Personnel Security Clearances through submission of the DoD Contract Security Classification Specification, DD Form 254.
Provides personnel and administrative support of the overall operational objectives for FPS Personnel Security Division, duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare, formulate, and develop DHS-wide policies, standards, and procedures for the implementation and management of the DHS Industrial Security Program.
- Advise top-level DHS officials and subject matter managers on developments and advances in personnel, contract, and industrial security programs.
- Conduct security surveys, inspections, and compliance reviews in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, Presidential Directives, Executive Orders, interagency directives, and DHS and component policies.
- Developing, implementing, and overseeing policies for the management and administration of programs and personnel governed by Executive Order 12829, National Industrial Security Program (NISP).
- Conducting preliminary inquiries of actual or suspected compromise of classified information and ensures reporting requirements are met.
- Knowledge of industrial security, personnel security, and systems security policies and issues sufficient to formulate interrelated and common DHS-wide security policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of DHS and component organizational structures, applicable security policies, and lines of functional responsibility to effectively coordinate with proper officials on a broad range of tasks.
- Producing finished documentation such as:
- Special studies
- Policy and procedure development
- Security training programs and assessments
- Ability to conduct analyses, evaluations, and internal inspection of security programs, and present oral and written products
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Experience & Education:
- Minimum of Bachelor Degree and three (3) years of relevant experience
- Relevant experience shall include: experience within one or more of the standard security and/or intelligence fields e.g.; technical, physical, information, industrial, personnel and operational security
- Subject matter expertise and hands-on experience in one or more security and/or intelligence discipline and experience implementing complex government security and/or intelligence programs and policies is preferable
- Shall demonstrate a proficiency in various types of information technology applications, such as Microsoft Office, including MS Word, Access, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience using Microsoft Office Programs and desktop publishing application software and hardware.
- Must be highly organized and have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Requires good writing and communication skills.
- All applicants must be able to obtain a DHS security clearance.
- Subject matter expertise and hands-on experience in one or more security and/or intelligence discipline and experience implementing complex government security and/or intelligence programs and policies is preferable.
- Familiarity with eQIP, CVS, JPAS
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement