Cox Automotive is adding an experienced (Java or C#.NET core) Lead Software Engineer to our Inventory Management Solutions (IMS) release trains in Austin, Texas and Irvine, CA.
This role is 100% Virtual Remote opportunity. Team members can work in either the CST or PST time zones.
Who We Are What We Do
At Cox Automotive, we offer the chance to take an important role in the digital revolution of the automotive industry. Our Software Engineers are part of an energetic team that build world-class solutions to benefit the auto buying public, dealers and manufacturers. At Cox Automotive, you'll be immersed in an environment that values your teamwork and creative problem-solving techniques while encouraging you to continue to learn new skills and technologies.
Risk-taking is encouraged here and we reward great results. Collaboration and support are woven into the fabric of everything we do; from 24-hour Hackathons and brain-storming sessions to sprint reviews, you'll be immersed in an environment that encourages bringing fresh ideas to the table with an innovative mindset.
Giving back to the community is important at Cox Automotive. You will be given time during working hours to volunteer at local charities.
Our Software Engineers are energetic influencers who thrive on designing simple and scalable solutions to complex problems and delivering leading edge software products for our customers. We are looking for exceptionally ambitious and communicative hands-on individuals who are comfortable collaborating within the Agile methodology as part of a cross-functional team, have experience working in fast-paced environments, and who have the passion and skills to take our product offerings to the next level.
As a Lead Software Engineer you will be a technical leader in a collaborative team environment that encourages you to perform at your best, while contributing to the engineering efforts of one of our scrum teams. You will be challenged to engineer right-sized solutions for complex business problems. You will apply your knowledge of modern software design, best practices, design patterns, and frameworks, with an understanding of application performance and maintainability. You will aspire to use new technologies and challenge yourself to develop innovative solutions. You will work alongside developers and technical leads on a team where collaborative programming and mentoring is regularly practiced.
- Display high level of critical thinking in bringing success to the organization
- Lead team of engineers in design/implement key technical projects
- Able to articulate key issues and draft action plan and communicate with management
- Execute on platform and application road-map deliverable
- Develop and deliver enhancements which meet or exceed customer needs
- Proactively collaborate and partner with internal stakeholders to deliver business impacting projects
- Develop high performance, scale-able and secure solutions
- Enhance and maintain tools to support enhanced catalogs
- Plan and deliver core technology upgrades
- Diagnose, design, and implement solutions to key technology or application problems
Technologies we use:: Java, .NET Core, C# and ASP.Net
Front End Web Components,
- React, NodeJs, Redux, Jest, Ext J
- DynamoDB, Postgres, Elasticsearch, OracleAWS
- ECS Fargate, EKS Fargate
- Terraform, Cake Build, Kubernetes
- API Gateway
- Code Build
- Code Pipeline