Job Description Summary:
The Colonial Health Center (CHC), a multidisciplinary, integrated, student healthcare service, serves as the primary healthcare agency for GW students and the entire student community. We provide easy access to high-quality care to enable students to return to classes as quickly as possible. We seek to educate and encourage students to become active participants in their own care and to support the University community in making healthy lifestyle choices. https://studenthealth.gwu.edu/
The Colonial Health Center seeks a Nurse Practitioner to provide clinical assessment and evaluation, diagnosis, treatment, and management of students, using an integrated, holistic approach. Responsibilities include:
- Provides episodic care to GW students in an outpatient setting.
- Develops short and long term plans of care.
- Provides patient education and counseling related to the full spectrum of health issues.
- Participates in Colonial Health Center committees and in greater GW community events, such as Inauguration, health outreach and promotion, and influenza clinics.
- Supports the larger mission of the Division of Student Affairs and the University according to GW values.
- Performs other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Qualified candidates will hold a Masters degree in nursing, or its equivalent, 4 years of primary health care experience, and DC certification as a registered Nurse Practitioner. Finalists must pass credentials verification and National Practitioner Data Bank query.
Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications:
Current, unrestricted DC license required, DC Controlled Substance license required. DEA certification required. Finalists must pass credentials verification and National Practitioner Data Bank query.
Prior experience in a university health center setting
Previous experience with young adult population.
Prior experience working in an outpatient health setting, utilizing a team approach to patient care.
Experience working with a diverse patient population.
Typical Hiring Range $80248 - $116328 How is pay for new employees determined at GW?