Are you motivated by the customer mission? Do you bring smart, strategic approaches to the table? Here at VMD, we understand the mission and work side by side with customers to articulate a vision for success, and then make it happen. We know success doesn’t happen by accident. It takes the right team of people, working together on the right solutions for the customer. Our team is one of the best in the business. Are you ready to join us?
VMD fosters a culture that is made up of three core components:Talent | Commitment | Trust
VMD has an exciting opportunity for you to join as anEnterprise Data Architectworking on client-site in downtown Washington, DC. This program is in support of the Department of State (DoS) Consular Affairs(CA). The scope of this contract is to provide database development, support, and analytics. Some of the activities that are included in the scope of this contract include:
- Provide technical expertise and recommendations to modernize the database environment moving it to a decentralized cloud-based environment
- Provide technical support to identify and evaluate IT solutions.
- Provide and support a systems integration and development roadmap which includes multiple solutions with varying implementation timeframes
- Provide documentation
- Support alternatives analysis, conduct evaluations and propose IT solutions
- Establish strategy and approach for system performance testing and capacity planning
TheEnterprise Data Architectshall have full authority to act for VMD on all matters relating to daily operations under this contract. In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Lead and manage all aspects of the program providing technical planning, architecture, and oversight support to the client
- Plan and manage the execution of the program in accordance with PMI best practices including financial, schedule, quality, and risk management techniques, etc
- Monitor program performance to identify and remove blockers and deviations from plan
- Serve as VMD's primary point of contact and liaison for the federal government while ensuring high levels of client satisfaction.
- Ensure strong internal, cross-team communications as well as external communications to various federal stakeholders
- Evaluate current processes to identify opportunities for improvements to efficiency and effectiveness, including the use of Agile techniques and data sharing methods
- Guide employees, maintaining a positive work environment where ingenuity and resourcefulness are fostered and where team spirit can develop
- Be the "face of the franchise" and actively market and socialize the team's capabilities across the enterprise
- 5 Years Enterprise Network, Applications, Cloud, and Database experience
- 3 years of globally distributed applications experience
Education Requirement: Bachelor's degree
Specific Field of Study or Degree (if any): N/A
Can Additional Years of Experience Substitute for Degree?No
Minimum Years of Overall Experience:5
Minimum Years of Specific Experience in Field:5
Minimum Clearance to Start:Secret
Work Status Allowable:US Citizen
Desired Skills / Experience:
- Experience developing cloud based data architecture and roadmap for large, distributed organization.
- Apps and Infrastructure modernization experience
- Full SAFe with Portfolio Mgmt experience
- Managing mid sized technical teams of 5-10 people
- Experience in one or more of the following technologies: Net, Java, Oracle, Azure, AWS, Open Source
- DevSevOps experience
How do you know that you will succeed in this position with VMD?
- You demonstrate personal accountability and integrity in all actions.
- You interact well with people and are a natural team player.
- You consistently meet deadlines and come prepared to offer solutions and contribute in meaningful ways.
VMD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable Federal, state and local laws. VMD maintains a drug-free workplace.