The GCCS-J System Administrator candidate will be responsible for the installation, configuration, testing, and technical support in the day-to-day operations and monitoring communication links between both classified and unclassified computer simulation models and C2 systems. An analytical mindset will be essential for effective troubleshooting and interpreting customer needs to transform them into functioning processes. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a calm and professional demeanor, when handling demanding situations, and show initiative and resourcefulness with minimal supervision. The candidate will possess strong interpersonal skills; with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely amongst technical and functional teams. The candidate with have a working knowledge of GCCS-J, AGILE CLIENT, ICSF and JRE C2 systems of the GCCS architecture for training events.
- Responsible for the daily computer operational support exercises
- Monitor communication links between computer simulation models and C2 system
- Troubleshoots and resolves installation failure or non-functioning applications
- Resolve Tier 1 and Tier 2 trouble tickers for GCCS-J related issues
- Plans for, designs, and oversees the integration of operating systems including server software modules, security levels, utilities, and third party products
- Bachelor's Degree in IT, Computer Science or other related field (8 years of relevant experience may be substituted for education)
- Working knowledge of supporting Operating Systems: Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012, Windows 7, VMWare vSphere, Solaris 10.
- Working knowledge of Solaris zones and Red Hat Kernel Virtual Machines (KVM).
- Experience in GCCS system administration; systems integration; network administration; and configuration, installation, and overall experience in operating and integrating new system applications.
- IAT Level II: CompTIA Security + CE (or equivalent)
AND one of the following
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
- Microsoft Certified Information Technology Professional (MCITP)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
Additional Technical Skills/Experience Desired:
- IT Industry certifications: VMWare, Solaris 10 Administrator, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008/2012.
- US Navy experience with the following interface systems in a shipboard environment: TBMCS; TTWCS; AEGIS; DCGS-N; CANES; JTT; ADNS
- Knowledge of the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) published Security Technical Information Guidance (STIG) requirements and implementation/compliance process
Security Clearance: Secret