SHIFT: Evenings (rotating weekends)
Environmental Services Associate
Enviornmental Services Department
Full Time Evening Shift 0.9 FTE
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center
Fort Pierce, FL
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute is a 380-bed acute-care hospital offering a full range of services. Lawnwood is home to the most experienced Heart Institute on the Treasure Coast providing interventional and therapeutic care, including open-heart surgery. Other hospital services include adult and pediatric emergency services, labor/delivery and birthing, pediatrics, orthopedics, oncology, nuclear medicine, diagnostic services, as well as inpatient and outpatient surgical services.
Lawnwood is designated by the Joint Commission as a Certified Primary Stroke Center. The Physical Rehabilitation Center is CARF accredited and we are designated a Level II Trauma Center by the Florida Department of Health and verified by the American College of Surgeons. We also offer a freestanding ER in Vero Beach providing emergency treatment for adults and children closer to home. Additionally Lawnwood offers the area's only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU). At Lawnwood patients come first – no matter what! We invite you to work in a fast-paced environment with a team of top healthcare professionals while enjoying a culturally vibrant, yet laid-back quality of life centered on Treasure Coast beaches, boating, fishing, community and the outdoors.
Benefits: (FT & PT ONLY)
We offer a generous benefits package, including:
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401k Match
- Medical Plan Options, Dental & Vision
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Reimbursement & Flexible Spending Accounts
- Dependent Scholarship Program
- Clinical Certification Support & Bonuses
- Paid Community Service Days
- And more!
Being a part of HCA Healthcare, we provide unprecedented career opportunity including the ability to move within more than 250 hospitals and freestanding surgery centers located in 21 states and the United Kingdom.
The EVS Team Member works under the direction of EVS Management and performs the following general duties as assigned:
- Provides cleaning services as directed with consideration for Patients, their family and friends
- Demonstrates understanding and respect for the personal dignity and values of all patients and visitors
- Ensures compliance with all required process and procedural steps
- Adheres to Infection Control policies and procedures,
- Maintains a clean and safe patient environment at all times
- Promotes efficient performance of all the EVS required duties.
- Follows all hospital and departmental policies and procedures related to the housekeeping function.
- Reads, understands and follows manufacturer's directions, complies with MSDS requirements, and follows Supervisor's, Director's or manufacturer's representative's additional directions, as appropriate for all chemicals and equipment used, both for personal safety, the safety of others and the protection of objects being cleaned.
- Ability to read, write, and converse in English required
- High School or GED preferred
- One (1) year experience in Healthcare Environmental Services preferred
- Ability to work in environments containing human blood and body fluids required
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with patients, visitors, co-workers and management required
- Ability to comprehend and deliver highest possible standards of customer service required
- Sufficient knowledge, skill and dexterity to access and interface with computers and other digital systems required
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.