Medical Assistant I - Key West, Cardiology Office
As Mount Sinai continues to grow, so does our legacy of caring.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is proud to be South Florida's hospital of choice for great medicine. With more than 4000 employees, 500 volunteers, 670 beds, 26 operating suites and more than 650 physicians and 950 nurses. Mount Sinai is South Florida's largest private independent not-for-profit teaching hospital. It takes the contribution of many individuals to make Mount Sinai the world-class institution it is today. As a team we have focused our efforts on assuring that our patients receive high quality medical care.
- The Medical Assistant provides assistance to physician with basic procedures during patient examinations.
- Takes patient's vital signs as necessary.
- Adheres to Universal precaution guidelines in the performance of patient care activities.
- Monitors and manages patient schedule in order to ensure optimal patient flow amongst physician.
- Greets and escort patient safely from the waiting area to appropriate areas in the hospital.
- Understands and executes physician's preferred treatment protocols when coordinating patient flow.
- Prepares and administers medication as instructed by the physician; this includes the administration of injections.
- Ensures exam rooms are appropriately stocked with supplies and equipment prior to physician seeing patients.
- Maintains appropriate par levels and inform supervisor when reorders are necessary in order to avoid any shortage in supplies.
- Demonstrates appropriate medical knowledge and effectively communicate instructions to patients.
- Ability to communicate to patients any procedures to be performed and provide preparatory instructions and answer basic questions as required.
- Demonstrates the ability to understand and react to the unique needs of the patients.
- Flexible to changes in work flow as needed.
- Maintain organized work areas in order to maximize efficiency.
- Demonstrates knowledge of proper use/maintenance of all equipment relative to the position.
- Maintains current licensing and certification necessary to perform applicable job functions
- Possesses effective time management skills and assist other staff members when appropriate.
- Remains calm and courteous when dealing with patients and staff members consistently maintaining a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Responds to telephone promptly preferably by the third ring and repeat key information to ensure accurate transcribing of messages.
- Demonstrates willingness to work overtime in times of hospital or department emergency situations (i.e. hurricane disaster alert or staffing limitations).
- Maintains a complete understanding of Fire Safety and other applicable departmental and hospital manuals.
- 2 years Medical Assistant experience
- Completion of M.A. Training. High School or equivalent.
- Medical Assistant Certification (ARMA or NHA equivalent) preferred.
- CPR certification required.
- An excellent, team focused work environment with opportunity for professional growth
- Competitive salary with bonus potential
- Savings plan with company match
- A variety of health, dental and vision plans
- On-site childcare, tuition reimbursement, and much more!