IF YOU CARE, THERE'S A PLACE FOR YOU HERE
For a career path that is both challenging and rewarding, join Sedgwick's talented team of 21,000 colleagues around the globe. Sedgwick is a leading provider of technology-enabled risk, benefits and integrated business solutions. Taking care of people is at the heart of everything we do. Millions of people and organizations count on Sedgwick each year to take care of their needs when they face a major life event or something unexpected happens. Whether they have a workplace injury, suffer property or financial loss or damage from a natural or manmade disaster, are involved in an auto or other type of accident, or need time away from work for the birth of a child or another medical situation, we are here to provide compassionate care and expert guidance. Our clients depend on our talented colleagues to take care of their most valuable assets -- their employees, their customers and their property. At Sedgwick, caring counts®. Join our team of creative and caring people of all backgrounds, and help us make a difference in the lives of others.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To coordinate activities of absence programs for specific client; to assist/support Benefits Program Manager; to implement customer surveys; to assist in client training and benefits fairs; and to prepare reports for program administration.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as liaison between Company and client human resources (HR) and employees in management of the absence programs.
- Communicates with client, employee, healthcare providers and Company operations team to coordinate resolution of escalated issues involving absence program.
- Assists manager in evaluating results of absence programs and best practice in absence administration; assists in assessing effectiveness of absence plan administration, communication and documentation; assists in development of management reports; assists in preparation of reports assessing financial impact of program administration.
- Maintains records and files pertinent to absence programs.
- Monitors satisfaction with leave and disability administration via periodic customer surveys and recommends needed changes.
- Works with appropriate stakeholders for client and Company to ensure continuous performance and process improvement.
- Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and best practices relevant to absence programs and administration.
- Works with Practice Leader to update and maintain absence program procedures relating to administration, compliance requirements, audits of leaves; employee handbook and other program-related documents.
- Assists with client training and development of communications; assists in administration of benefits fairs as needed.
- Assists client in reviewing and requesting approvals from Company operations team to conduct Independent Medical Examinations (IMEs) and Functional Capacity Evaluations (FCEs).
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports organization's quality program(s).
- Travels as needed.
Education & Licensing
Bachelor degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university preferred.
Six (6) years absence management experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Demonstrated progressive responsibilities strongly preferred. Project management, office operations management, disability/absence management, insurance-related and/or statistical analysis experience preferred.
Skills & Knowledge
- Knowledge of legal requirements and best practices relevant to absence programs and administration
- Excellent oral and written communication, including presentation skills
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Negotiation skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Self motivated with ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a team environment
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Mental: Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment, troubleshooting, problem solving, analysis, and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
Physical: Computer keyboarding, travel as required
Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision and talking
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
NOTE: Credit security clearance, confirmed via a background credit check, is required for this position.
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note: This is an onsite position in the Orlando, FL Sedgwick office.