Job Title: Pricing Specialist
Location: Retail Grocery Location
Position OverviewThe pricing specialist is responsible for the pricing integrity of the store. This position will administer price changes and resolve pricing issues. In addition, this position is responsible for increasing customer confidence and loyalty by promoting and executing consistent operating conditions, providing courteous, knowledgeable and prompt service and a friendly atmosphere.Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Assist in managing pricing integrity to company standards; ensure shelf labels and signs are correct and maintained in all departments including price changes, advertised items, etc.
- Ensure all displays have signs and items without UPC codes are priced.
- Resolve pricing problems and price file discrepancies.
- Obtain operational updates via emails and other forms of communication and execute company directives.
- Conduct test scans on categories of merchandise to ensure price accuracy, description, department and taxability.
- Greet, assist, provide efficient service and thank customers in a prompt, courteous, friendly and business-like manner in order to promote the company image as a service-oriented operation.
- Ensure the store is well maintained and meets or exceeds company standards for appearance.
- Operate pricing equipment and tools.
- Restock and use supply items efficiently to eliminate waste and to maintain the lowest supply cost.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Proven performance as a SEG associate in the pricing department; or one (1) year management or supervisory experience in supermarkets, retail, restaurants, hotels or general business.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
- Proven experience as a SEG associate in the pricing department and at least one other department in the store; or two (2) years proven leadership in the department.
- Lives the Valuesby embracing the essence of the company demonstrating a commitment to the company's goal and values.
- Unifies and motivates team through praise and recognition of success with immediate feedback to build an environment of trust.
- Business-drivenshowing passion for the business, delivering results consistently.
- Customer-orientatedby passionately demonstrating that the customer comes first… always by putting the customer's needs above all else.
- People Passionthrough consistently treating others with respect and dignity.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Proficient with computer applications used in effectively operating the department.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal, motivational and communication skills.
- High standard of integrity and reliability.