SHIFT: No Weekends
Capital Regional Medical Center is a fully-accredited healthcare facility with more than 1,100 employees and 500 physicians. A 266-bed, acute-care hospital that offers 24/7 Emergency Services in Leon and Gadsden Counties including a Pediatric ER and an Express Care ER. We also offer a Bariatric Center, Behavioral Health Center, Cancer Center, Chest Pain Center w/PCI, Comprehensive Breast Center, Family Center, Heart & Vascular Center, Orthopedic/Spine Center, Physical Therapy Services, Stroke Center, Surgical Services, Wound Healing Center, Network-of-Care Affiliated Physician Practices, and more.
Perform clerical and receptionist duties, in accordance with the philosophy, goals and objectives of Capital Regional Medical Center.
- Participate in the unit based Quality Improvement process.
- Demonstrates knowledge and respect of patient rights to privacy and protection of patient confidentiality.
- Organizes and communicates patient care activities to the patient and to the Registered Nurse.
- Completes, executes and performs secretarial tasks such as, Order Entry, filing and organizing patient charts and medication orders.
- Communicates, interacts and participates in team work on the unit.
- Demonstrates an understanding of patient charts, physician orders and nursing orders.
- Promotes and displays a positive customer oriented demeanor to patients, visitors, staff and physicians.
- Demonstrates an understanding and is proficient in the use of a computer and office equipment.
- Maintains the unit in optimal operating condition by cleaning general work stations and stocking of supplies.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, qualify of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient's care which results in patient harm.
- Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
- Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
- Regular, punctual and dependable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your benefits include:
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability benefits
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee discount program
- Employee stock purchase program
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- BLS – AHA Healthcare Provider required
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- Unit Secretary experience preferred
- Medical terminology preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Read and writes Basic English
- Knowledge of universal precautions
- Ability to use a computer, typewriter and calculator
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.