The Manager, Quality Assurance (QA) is responsible for implementing the software development lifecycle (SDLC) and testing processes to resolve issues and identify areas for improvement. This role will lead product QA and tesing teams and establish and implement best practices and standards related to engineering processes through all phases of the SDLC.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides guidance and review on product test design.
- Ensures that QA and testing domain expertise is deployed and integrated in an efficient and effective manner to meet project requirement and deliverables across all locations.
- Provides leadership, vision and strategy to ensure that the daily operations of the QA and testing teams aligns with the present and long-term goals of the business.
- Develops/enhances test design, infrastructure and frameworks to ensure high quality results are delivered expeditiously and aligned with business objectives.
- Lead a team of test automation engineers responsible for automation and maintenance of tests across multiple products.
- Improve internal processes to ensure reliability and predictability of both testing and product.
- Responsible for providing technical guidance concerning the business implications of the application of various systems
- Documents and communicates issues found during the course of testing and works with Development to resolve the issue.
- Provides management with requirements coverage analysis reports, test run results, and defect tracking reports
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar field
- Equivalent work experience may substitute for degree
- Five (5) or more years of experience in Quality Assurance including experience leading a team of QA engineers
o Three or more years of experience in software product QA, testing or software product management
o Two or more years of experience managing or leading a team of QA engineers
- Experience with leading a software company through change
- Strategic in thought processes
- Proven leader and team player with incredibly strong communication and collaboration skills
- Passionate customer champion with proven success in producing innovative products, services and supporting processes directly focused on improvement of bottom line results.
- Proven skill in understanding market and technology trends and customer needs and developing product strategy aligning product plans built directly from customer input.
- Experience in building solid business plans which include appropriate ROI and related business analysis justification.
- Must be proficient in delivering and selling that vision through all levels of management within the organization.
- Ability to determine clear prioritization and appropriate trade-offs regarding product roadmap candidates as well as resourcing and timing.
- Software defect tracking experience including ability to create detailed test plans
- Medical software industry experience
- Experience troubleshooting complex software or system problems
- Strong communication / organizational skills, analytical ability, and attention to detail required
- Project Management experience
- Ability to lead teams and projects, often with competing deadlines and priorities
- Experience as part of an Agile development team
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- While at work, this position is primarily a sedentary job and requires that the associate can work in an environment where they will consistently be seated for the majority of the work day
- This role requires that one can sit and regularly type on a key board the majority of their work day
- This position requires the ability to observe a computer screen for long periods of time to observe their own and others' work, as well as in-coming and out-going communications via the computer and/ or mobile devices.
- The role necessitates the ability to listen and speak clearly to customers and other associates
- The work environment is an open room with other associates and noise from others will be part of the regular work day
- This position may require a varied schedule based on business needs
- Ability to travel up to 10%