- In light of the events surrounding COVID-19, Skanska USA is taking a pause on external recruitment for a majority of its open roles.
Please understand that we are not actively hiring for this role, rather we are building a pipeline for when the start button is pushed. We will most certainly look at your application with earnest and will reach out to top/qualified candidates in order to schedule interviews and confirm continued interest. Please stay safe and healthy!*
The Senior Project Manager manages the overall project direction, completion and financial outcome and administers both the owner and subcontractor relationships for assigned projects. This position may oversee a single large project or multiple projects. The Senior Project Manager is responsible for directing and mentoring on-site staff. The position requires business management acumen and must demonstrate strong leadership, organizational and time management skills, as well as have strong communication and client service skills.
What You'll Do:
- Manage and/or coordinate Company personnel and resources;
- Develop skills and mentor project management employees, including conducting employee evaluations per Skanska's guidelines, as required;
- Assist in preconstruction efforts;
- Perform constructability reviews;
- Prepare and execute Project Executive Plan;
- Oversee project permit process;
- Procure proof of owner's Builder's Risk Insurance or facilitate Skanska's purchase if not owner supplied;
- Obtain Notice of Commencement, if applicable;
- Prepare trade contracts and bid packages, as well as oversee procurement process;
- Oversee cost control and change management systems;
- Enhance and maintain relationships with clients, designers, consultants and internal Skanska clients;
- Prepare initial master schedule and oversee updates;
- Compile reports regarding financial performance of the project, including PSRs, PFCs and CI reports;
- Prepare monthly owner project status reports, as required;
- Review and approve Trade Contractor Payment Applications with Superintendent;
- Review Skanska pay application to owner and ensure monthly submission when costs are incurred;
- Attend and lead project meetings, including progress, pre-construction and pre-award;
- Review inspection and test data for compliance with specifications;
- Develop and maintain site logistics plan, in coordination with Superintendent;
- Set-up QAQC procedures and conduct quality inspections;
- Communicate and enforce Skanska Safety and Health Management Program;
- Demonstrate commitment to an Injury-Free Environment through own actions and mentoring others;
- Oversee project close-out;
- Owner contact for post-construction, including warranty period.
We're Looking For:
- Computer knowledge and efficiency, including Microsoft Office products;
- Knowledge of Prolog;
- Thorough understanding of industry;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Good math/accounting skills;
- Excellent management skills;
- Functions effectively as part of a team;
- Ability to develop or maintain relationships with clients;
- Exhibits strong leadership qualities;
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times;
- Ability to delegate work appropriately;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills;
- Excellent decision making/problem solving skills;
- Bachelor's Degree – Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent;
- 10 to 15 years of industry experience.
Developing Your Career at Skanska, You Will:
- Contribute to a sustainable future improving the lives of people, communities and companies;
- Collaborate in an open culture where sound values and dedicated people come together for greater results;
- Thrive in a people-driven international company with countless opportunities to learn and grow.
Skanska is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age.
Skanska USA is one of the largest, most financially sound construction and development companies in the U.S., serving a broad range of clients including those in transportation, power, industrial, water/wastewater, healthcare, education, sports, data centers, government, aviation, life sciences and commercial. Headquartered in New York with offices in 31 metro areas, we have nearly 11,000 employees committed to being leaders in safety, project execution, sustainability, ethics and people development. In 2017, our work in building construction, civil and power/industrial construction, commercial development and infrastructure development (public-private partnerships) generated $7.3 billion in revenue. Global revenue of parent company Skanska AB, headquartered in Stockholm and listed on the Stockholm Stock Exchange, totaled $18.8 billion in 2017. Skanska shares are publicly traded in the U.S. on the OTC market under the symbol SKBSY through a Level I American Depository Receipt program.
We are proud to be named one of America's Best Employers of 2018 by Forbes.
- Location: Tampa, Florida, United States
- Additional Locations: Portland, Oregon, United States; Dallas, Texas, United States; Houston, Texas, United States; San Antonio, Texas, United States; Atlanta, Georgia, United States; Nashville, Tennessee, United States
- Schedule: Full-time
- Employee Status: Regular