Maintain enterprise systems and their reliability, availability, and data integrity and recovery. Ensure high availability resources and solutions maintained to minimize downtime and to facilitate 24/7 and 365 agency operations.
Normal business hours
Location (Subject to Change)
Falkenburg Road area
Duties & Responsibilities
Note: Depending on assigned responsibilities, employees may perform some or all of the duties below.
- Administer Active Directory (AD).
- Administer the virtual environment.
- Administer enterprise email and email gateway solutions.
- Administer anti-virus and anti-malware solutions.
- Perform system installation, configuration, troubleshooting, performance analysis, tuning, upgrading, patch maintenance, license management, system backup administration, user account/environment administration, implementing and maintaining system security stances, and hardware/software installations.
- Produce/Maintain accurate and detailed hardware and software inventories of both physical and virtual machines/environments.
- Install critical patches and updates for systems and related components on a scheduled basis.
- Proactively monitor systems utilizing an enterprise monitoring solution.
- Perform routine security auditing and run compliance/vulnerability scans of systems as required.
- Participate in projects across ISD areas and meet deadlines.
- Provide the root cause analysis on the major incidents/problems.
- Write custom scripts and create Group Policy Object (GPO).
- Evaluate vendor products and services.
- Build and deploy software packages utilizing software distribution solution.
- Learn the key aspects of the job to be performed and support more senior administrators.
- Communicate effectively at all levels of the organization and with external customers and vendors.
- Develop and document technical processes and procedures as needed.
- Maintain system configuration documentation and facilitate changes in documentation and system monitoring as devices are added and retired from the environment.
- Audit and document the relevant systems to ensure adherence to agency/Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) standards.
- Work a ticket queue to ensure issues are being resolved in a timely fashion.
- Participate in a rotating on-call schedule.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Working knowledge of virtualization technologies and hypervisors.
- Working knowledge of enterprise monitoring solution to monitor system uptime and resource utilization.
- Working knowledge of basic network configuration and troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of networking (Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP).
- Working knowledge of backup and disaster recovery technologies.
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2012+.
- Knowledge of AD environments to include designating organization units (OUs), auditing, backup and recovery, and delegating authority in an AD environment.
- Knowledge of current storage management technologies like Enterprise Storage Area Networks (SANs), Network File System (NFS), and fiber channel technologies.
- Systems integration, security compliance, systems maintenance, break/fix, and performance troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to manage Macintosh Operating System Version 10 (Mac OS X) in a Windows environment.
- Ability to learn and understand new technology quickly and independently.
- Ability to work independently and under minimal direction.
- Ability to take ownership of an aspect or task on a project with little to no assistance.
- Ability to write custom scripts.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to think creatively and abstractly.
- Ability to work outside normal business hours.
Required Minimum Education & Experience
- A high school diploma or possession of a GED certificate.
- Seven years of paid experience providing technical support, system implementation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and evaluation of business methods and procedures within an enterprise environment.
- An associate's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in a technical field.
- Six years of paid experience providing technical support, system implementation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and evaluation of business methods and procedures within an enterprise environment.
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in a technical field.
- Five years of paid experience providing technical support, system implementation, maintenance, troubleshooting and evaluation of business methods and procedures within an enterprise environment.
- Four years of experience in a Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office Information Services Division position.
Preferred Education & Experience
- Six years managing Red Hat, Community Enterprise Operating System (CentOS), and Ubuntu Linux operating systems in an enterprise environment.
- Four years paid experience in VMWare vSphere ESXi Administration.
- Four years paid experience administering Veeam backup and recovery solution.
- Experience utilizing vulnerability management tools.
- Experience with server hardware and capacity planning within virtual environments.
- Experience supporting enterprise server based application systems.
- Experience with Certificate Authority (CA) Servers.
- Experience managing AD to include administration, troubleshooting, and environment upgrades.
- Experience with administration of Windows Server 2012+.
- Experience with public safety and/or law enforcement environments.
- Certification as a Red Hat Certified Administrator (RHCA)
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP).
- Working knowledge of system integration, security compliance, systems maintenance, break/fix, and performance troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of complex scripting.
- Knowledge of data center disaster recovery planning strategies.
- Knowledge of data deduplication storage system.
Additional Job Requirements
- Attendance at the specified Sheriff's Office work location is required.
- Depending on assignment, employees may be required to possess a valid Florida Driver License at time of employment. Driving history will be thoroughly reviewed and may be grounds for disqualification.
- No visible tattoos on face. Tattoos on hands, neck, or arms must be covered with white, black, or neutral colored covering.
- No illegal drug sale within lifetime.
- No illegal drug use within the past 36 months. No marijuana use within the last 12 months.
- No felony convictions within lifetime.
- No misdemeanor convictions involving perjury, false statement, or domestic violence within lifetime.
- No dishonorable discharge from any branch of the United States Armed Forces, the United States Coast Guard, National Guard, or Reserve Forces.
- Successful completion of a background investigation including criminal, reference, employment, and neighborhood checks; polygraph; medical evaluation; and drug screening.