Job Skills / Requirements
The Working Supervisor position leads a team of janitorial associates in performing custodial work in offices, warehouses, industrial areas, medical facilities, and other building interiors and/or exteriors. It is expected that the Working Supervisor perform the tasks of the janitorial associate in addition to the supervisory requirements of the position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sweeps, vacuums, mops, scrubs, waxes and polishes floors using industrial vacuum cleaners and scrubbing and buffing machines.
- Sometimes using ladders, dusts and washes walls, cleans ceilings and dusts and polishes furniture and light fixtures.
- Washes and replaces blinds.
- Moves cabinets, boxes, furniture, crates and equipment to clean areas. May remove stains from such surfaces as rugs, drapes, walls, and floors using chemicals and cleaning solutions.
- May also sweep walks, rake leaves, cut grass, remove snow or perform other incidental seasonal tasks.
- Gather and empty trash.
- Service, clean, and supply restrooms.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
- Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
- Steam-clean or shampoo carpets.
- Strip, seal, finish, and polish floors.
- Clean laboratory equipment, such as glassware and metal instruments, using solvents, brushes, rags, and power cleaning equipment.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
- Move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks.
- Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
- Remove snow from sidewalks, driveways, and parking areas, by spreading snow melting chemicals.
- Requisition supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables, chairs, ladders, and scaffolding to prepare facilities for events such as banquets and meetings.
- Must be able to work flexible hours weekends and holidays.
- Job assignments can vary from facility to facility with the possibility of transfer.
- Must have the ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs.
Job requires extended periods of walking and/or standing.
- Have the ability to lead, direct, train, develop, evaluate, and motivate janitorial associates in a corporate/warehouse setting.
- Be able to complete required janitorial tasks, work scheduled shifts, and work overtime as required.
- Have the ability to manage oneself with little direct supervision.
- Be available by phone in order to respond to issues.
- Have an acceptable performance level including attendance.
- Custodial experience and floor tech knowledge a plus.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Time Management.
- Bilingual communication preferred, but not required.
The Working Supervisor is directly responsible for team members at his/her location. The Working Supervisor reports directly to the Account Manager and/or Operations Manager responsible for the facility.
The work environment characteristics described here represent those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The employee may be exposed to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc. including AIDS and Hepatitis B Virus. The noise level is usually moderate. All jobs are considered temporary in nature contingent on employees work performance and/or ability to meet the above requirements.
The physical demands described here present those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with arms and hands. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to talk or hear. The employee must lift/move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and E