Work Location: Columbus, IN
Relocation Package: YES
Responsible for assessing, defining and championing the IT architecture strategies, principles, policies and standards in alignment with the IT strategy and governing their use; coordinates with project teams to create, document, assess and/or validate the application and infrastructure solution designs for specific systems.
- Applies enterprise architecture standards including styles, stacks, and patterns and applies them effectively.
- Develops project solution designs to meet business and technical requirements.
- Defines reference architectures aligned with IT technology standards to be reused as building blocks for other solutions.
- Participates as a change agent to drive strategic IT architecture direction.
- Leads and facilitates technical analysis, solution design, and technology domain sessions to drive optimum IT solutions.
- Builds strong relationships with customers and peers across IT to effectively promote solution development using standard technologies.
- Maintains awareness of emerging technologies, software trends, and tools.
- Considers multiple, varied alternatives and recommends appropriate solutions based on cost/benefit analysis.
- Facilitates and supports execution of pilot and or proof of concept activities to validate technology capabilities.
- Collaborates with project teams to understand requested capabilities and recommends the right set of technologies to meet the needs.
- Provides infrastructure capacity recommendations for new applications and systems.
- Lifecycle Management - The management of an IT Asset or component from inception throughout its useful life. The Planning phase decides to Replace or add new, Re-engineer, Retire, or Retain/Maintain it.
- Architecture Design - The activities involved in conceptualizing, defining, architecting, and ultimately designing complex systems.
- Appling Standards to Solutions - Able to apply industry and internal IT standards to solutions and to assess compliance of a solution against industry and internal IT standards.
- System Development Methodologies - Able to apply industry defined development techniques to create or modify IT solutions.
- Research - Able to conduct a process of steps used to collect and analyze information to increase our understanding of a topic or issue.
- Modeling - The ability to represent information following a defined standard, using a combination of graphical and textual elements. The ability to choose the correct type of model for a particular set of information, depending on the type of information to be communicated as well as the audience who will consume the information.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
College, university, or equivalent degree in Information Technology, Business or a related subject required.
- Intermediate level of relevant work experience required. 5-7 years of experience.
- Deliver the architecture design for projects and programs
- Support business units by conveying industry trends, enterprise technology strategy and define technical solutions which meet the business requirement and deliver reference architecture as needed.
- Maintain responsibility for salesforce.com solution architecture; provide input to salesforce.com product development team regarding key features, solutions gaps, and desired enhancements
- Work with the business unit teams to define change and release management processes that leverage the salesforce, CRM and external identity implementation model and facilitate the CRM strategy
- Work with the business unit teams to build out their CRM strategy and roadmap, enabling both quick wins and longer-term strategic goals, leveraging salesforce.com technology
- Apply project management expertise to identify, develop, and implement techniques to improve engagement productivity, increase efficiencies, mitigate risks, resolve issues, and optimize cost savings and efficiencies
- Preparing and presenting potential technical solutions and advising the business on the technical and business value of the proposition with appropriate tradeoffs
- Work with enterprise architects, project teams, functional and technical analysts to design solution architecture that meets operational requirements and is scalable, easily maintained, secure and highly available.
- Knowledge of cloud based systems architecture, service-based architecture, enterprise application architecture
- Responsible for the full systems development lifecycle from requirements gathering through implementation of various functional architecture solutions.
- Experience working in and implementing Custom Force.com applications with knowledge of Apex scripting and Visualforce Page creations
- 2 years of experience on Salesforce CPQ Steel Brick solution and/or CloudCraze ecommerce solutions
- Thorough understating of Salesforce1 Mobile Implementation, SSO Setup with OAM as IDP.
- Experience working with Community Setup and management of Salesforce as Identity Provider for External Users of Salesforce and/or non-Salesforce applications.
- Knowledge on other CRM software (Siebel, Clarify, PeopleSoft, NetSuite, etc.)
- 5 years of hands-on Salesforce experience in the areas of Service Cloud, Sales Cloud, Custom Force.com Application, API’s, and integration to enterprise systems
- 2 years in Salesforce System/Solution architecture
- Experience working with Salesforce AppExchange partners like DocuSign, Apttus CLM
Additional Skills and Experience but not required:
- Providing architecture and technology expertise across a range of digital technologies including working in PaaS environment like Salesforce and SaaS like CloudCraze is an advantage.
- Experience with integrating enterprise business systems with digital solutions
- Proven track record of developing solution architecture for digital, SaaS platforms
- Strong technical acumen - prior development experience is an asset
- Architecting cloud (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS) solutions, delivery and brokerage services.
Building and maintaining technical trusted advisor relationships with influential technical decision makers for the successful adoption and deployment of Cloud services and technologies.
Compensation and Benefits
Base annual salary commensurate with experience plus annual variable compensation. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
We validate right to work using E-Verify.
We will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .