Grady Health System offers many career paths for experienced professionals. Whether you have many years of experience or are in the early stages of your career, you can find a rewarding career at Grady!
The Clinical Informatics will support the mission and vision of Grady to be the leading public academic healthcare system the in United States. Lead the execution of the strategic clinical informatics departmental objectives outlined by the Chief Nursing Informatics Officer.
- Will promote best practice workflows organization-wide and drive efficiency through the adoption of clinical information systems.
- Will serve as an advocate for clinicians regarding information technology initiatives. Will lead and participate in the implementation of technologies within clinical workflows.
- Provides organization wide leadership in the area of clinical informatics while identifying and supporting care delivery models, clinical and content standards and translating those standards into design, workflows and reports for analytics.
- Serves as a resource for multiple clinical applications utilized for clinical workflows.
- Functions at a tactical level to outline the system priorities for IT enabled clinical initiatives to create actionable data for process improvement.
- Works collaboratively with operational leaders, physicians and nursing to develop the organization clinical systems strategies to drive innovation in patient care and quality.
- Identifies clinical workflow reengineering opportunities that yield efficiency and actionable data.
- Collaborates with technology in the fulfillment of design requests to production and maintaining integrity in standards related to regulatory, system and content requirements within the enterprise EPIC EHR system.
- Directs personnel actions including recruiting, new hire actions, interviewing and selection of new staff, salary determinations, training, and personnel evaluations. Develops work goals and objectives for the department in accordance and alignment with company goals; provides leadership, measures and feedback, and motivation for staff achievement of departmental goals.
- Applies an understanding of lean and quality improvement (DMAIC) principles to workflow assessments including the integration of data into the overall plan while working closely with Quality/Performance Improvement teams.
- Uses data to drive process improvement and practice changes. Performs post-implementation monitoring of adoption and to identify opportunities for education and process improvements
- Maintains understanding of current regulatory requirements for nursing documentation and demonstrates knowledge of theories and practices pertinent to the work specialty.
- Maintains effective working relationship with internal and external partners. Works closely with both internal and external clients to build and maintain effective working relationships. Attends to the needs of the stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates self-governance for learning new skills related to clinical informatics. Maintains knowledge of industry trends.
- Demonstrates accountability of being a self-motivated team player that works under little supervison, with strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of a variety of hardware and software environments within healthcare industry
- Master's degree rquired in Nursing, Informatics or other clinical disciplines.
- Current Georgia licensure as a Registered Nurse required
- Epic Proficiency or Certification in one or more modules
Maintains specific Vendor related application certifications.
At least 8 years clinical experience as RN in an acute care setting
- Minimum of 5 years of clinical informatics experience
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive management experience
- Ability to adapt to new or changing environments
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Experience with large, diverse projects including planning, facilitating, and implementation
Equal Opportunity Employer-Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.