Under general direction, the Payroll Specialist will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy and timeliness in processing weekly and bi-weekly payroll while providing superior customer service in a professional and confidential manner. Primary responsibilities will include the validation of payroll wages paid and responding to inquiries from employees and location managers, as well as acting as a liaison between the Company and several third party professional consultants. The Payroll Specialist position must adhere to tight deadlines and requires an exceptional ability for time management and organization. This position will report directly to the Payroll Manager and will also have frequent contact with management, including the Manager – Financial Reporting, Accounting Manager, Human Resources, and the CFO, which requires strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare and process and accurate and timely company payroll to include instructions issued internally using ADP Vantage, Ceridian, and ADP Workforce software for 4500+ associates weekly and bi-weekly.
- Review, reconcile and balance time keeping data from Empower, Micros, and other designated timekeeping systems for each pay period.
- Review payroll to ensure accuracy and ensure payroll checklists and process controls are adhered to for each payroll cycle.
- Adjust errors and respond to payroll related questions or issues in a timely manner.
- Execute weekly/bi-weekly payroll preparation and distribution of the organization's multi-state payroll in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations and company policy.
- Serve as primary contact for employee resolutions for both U.S. and Canada locations
- Provide excellent customer service to ensure that a resolution is reached.
- Validate all wages paid for audit purposes and ensure appropriate approvals have been received by location managers and others.
- Process garnishments and payroll levies.
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time.
- Minimum 2 years payroll processing experience.
- Preferred: BA/BS (Business degree preferred);
- ADP or comparable payroll processing for 1,000+ employees experience preferred.
- ADP or comparable garnishment experience preferred.
- Desire to identify and implement process improvements
- Must be computer literate with strong knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Able to handle highly sensitive and confidential information
- Able to adapt to changing priorities and unexpected situations
- Accurate with exceptional attention to detail
- Must be a team player and successfully juggle and complete multiple priorities