NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leading software- and services-led enterprise provider in the financial, retail and hospitality industries. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with 36,000 employees globally. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Title: SW Enterprise Architect
NCR's Digital Insight™ solutions are a leading Software-as-a-Service ("SaaS") platform for financial institutions in the United States. We connect over 600 small to mid-size banks and credit unions with over 13.5 million online banking users and nearly 10 million mobile users. Join us to revolutionize digital banking by building upon our open technology platform developed on a unique service-oriented architecture (SOA), connecting with the wide breadth of NCR offerings across Retail, Hospitality, and Financial Services industries.
The NCR Digital Banking team is redefining the consumer and business banking experience for users of banking services with banks and credit unions across America. We are looking for talented leaders to join our team. Your challenge will be to nurture the teams and software that will continue to be the future of digital banking across NCR's hundreds of clients. To build world class software, we need to lead world class teams. To build and lead world class teams we need a leader with a strong technical background, a foundation in people management and an understanding of how to deliver results as part of a bigger team.
The NCR Digital Banking team affects the life of millions of Americans in a positive way every day. From opening accounts, to managing money and paying bills as a consumer to paying employees and vendors in a rapidly advancing technological landscape, our team builds software that touches the most important part of peoples' lives – their money. NCR Digital Banking team strives to make this a superlative experience for all those who come in contact with our platform – banks, credit unions, businesses, individuals – people.
What we do:
- Build teams that embody engineering excellence and pride in skill
- Create awesome Online Banking product features with product managers and designers as our partners
- Turn complexity into elegant code and beautiful software
- Collaborate with peers to accomplish common goals
- Ship incrementally and often
- Define and refine team processes to gain efficiency
- Challenge each other constructively and respectfully to be the best we can
Position Summary & Key Areas of Responsibility
NCR is looking for an accomplished Technical Architect to join our team in Atlanta. Be part of creating a new era in NCR's 135-year history by adding to the momentum of our high energy Digital Banking team. As NCR moves full speed into an "API First" strategy, we are looking for a highly skilled architect with strong technical leadership to work with our Digital Banking and Consumer/Business Payment products as we evolve our platform and features into cloud based micro applications running across a hybrid, multi-cloud deployment. This role will require strong application development and architecture skills with previous work experience with both public and hybrid cloud solutions.
- Architectural leadership and design for our product and technology initiatives.
- Providing technical expertise in POC, evaluations and implementations.
- Evaluate and make recommendations for improvement in current technology
- Assist internal teams moving to the cloud by architecting solutions unique to each service and their workloads
- Assist with acceleration of cloud-based implementations and migration for your teams
- Enhance the current CI/CD pipelines to support modern hybrid cloud deployments
- Providing support and guidance to NCR's Enterprise Architects.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Technical Discipline or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of experience working with software engineering teams in designing and building cloud platforms and infrastructure
- 4+ years of experience with Node.js, Java or Go
- 2+ years of experience working with Kubernetes and containerized platforms
- 2+ years of experience with data monitoring and logging tools like Sensu, StackDriver or Prometheus
- 2+ years of experience with CI/CD tools and technology; like Harness, Jenkins, GitHub and Artifactory
- Direct experience working with IAC/CM technology; like Terraform, Helm, Chef and Salt
- Data architecture (e.g. transactional and analytical processing, real-time analytics, etc.)
- Experience with designing and implementing multi-tenant SaaS systems
- Experience in the Financial Services or other similar highly regulated industry
- Experience with cloud-based technologies and development-implementation of enterprise class products in the cloud
- Strong collaboration and coaching skills
- Strong believer in Infrastructure as Code
- A continual learner that stays up-to-date on the latest technologies (attends and ideally presents at tech conferences)
- Ability to document and publish recommendations and guidance
- Ability to document and present architectural solutions
- Experience with GCP, GKE, Apigee, and Istio
- Experience with cloud-based integration, build and deploy technologies
- Polyglot programming experience
- Experience with COTS PaaS products
- Applied Data Science for AI enabled capabilities (ML/DL)
- Agile thinking and Scrum
- Experience with continuous integration systems like Jenkins or GitLab CI
- Deep knowledge and understanding of secure and defensive coding techniques
- Multi-threaded backend environments with concurrent users
Offers of employment are conditional upon passage of screening criteria applicable to the job.
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.