New Relic's Product Organization is looking for a Vice President of Data Analytics and Data Science who has expertise in driving a SaaS product business with Data.
In this role, you'll be partnering closely with Product GMs and our Chief Product Officer to define the overall data strategy for the company. Your team is responsible for delivering data and insights that drive priorities, requirements, and investments for our product initiatives — ultimately crafting a culture of data-based decisions in the product org.
What You'll Do
Develop a product metrics model for product engagement and product usage.
- Define instrumentation & telemetry requirements anticipating data needs.
- Implement tools & enablement for PMs, Designers, and Engineers, so they can ask and answer questions themselves.
- Establish a data science function.
- Proactively find opportunity areas using data and analytics.
- Mentor and grow the Product Analytics team. Ensure active collaboration with product teams to measure the impact of product launches, validating logic, defining success metrics, aligning on experimental approaches, and communicating impact.
- Partner with other analytics teams across the company to develop a common quantitative perspective on how we understand our products.
- A track record of using quantitative analysis to impact product decisions for a SaaS company.
- 10+ years in a management role, with extensive and relevant experience directly managing Product Analytics and Data Science teams.
- Strong technical foundation with data. You won't be expected to write SQL all day, but data literacy will be important.
- Experience collaborating with Product, Design, and Engineering executives.
- A strong storyteller and ability to communicate data-focused narratives.
- Deep understanding of and compassion for users.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Opportunity to work from a remote office may be available depending on applicant location.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our office is in the tech-rich urban center of San Francisco, with easy commute access and a plethora of good eats. We provide competitive compensation, equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry's largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world's best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We're proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we're a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every 'Relic' can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We're consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/Document/FCO%20Poster%20Set%20All%20Languages%2010%2001%2018.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.