At National Vision, we believe that everyone deserves to see their best to live their best. We make that possible by offering quality eye care and eye wear more affordable and accessible.
National Vision, Inc. (NVI) is one of the largest optical retailers in the United States, operating over 980 retail locations in 44 states plus the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico as well as an optical lab network consisting of three domestic locations and two international locations. NVI offers an innovative culture where training is a priority, hard work is praised, and career growth is a reality.
Right now we're looking for a Director of IT Product and Portfolio Management to join our growing team.
The Director, IT Product & Portfolio Management is on a strategic leadership team designed to maximize business alignment, and create and maintain technology product roadmaps across select top-level initiatives. The role is expected to define, deliver and measure impacts of strategic initiatives across a critical portion of the overall IT portfolio.
What would you do? The specifics
- For a select portion of the overall IT portfolio, takes ownership of building and managing strong business relationships to ensure clear communication on initiatives.
- Leverages enterprise best practices, builds and optimizes process to proactively collect strategic business imperatives and works with Delivery teams to build actionable execution plans.
- Maintains multi-year roadmaps for strategic products, including business benefits, implementation costs, adoption metrics and overall customer satisfaction of delivered products.
- Provides thought leadership across select technologies (spanning consumer retail, healthcare, data & enterprise systems).
- Acts as the subject matter expertise on specific IT products and advises business stakeholders on optimal ways to build and maintain solutions.
- Communicates progress, accomplishments and challenges to business stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Collaborates closely with Technology Delivery & Infrastructure teams to ensure continual alignment of solutions with business strategies, expected timelines and financial metrics.
- Stays current with select consumer-centric technology trends emerging / disrupting the status quo and translates into actionable concepts to benefit the optical retail space.
- Serves as a key advocate for the business in identifying areas that require "out-of-the-box" thinking; partners with internal and external resources to pull together innovation sprints to address requirements.
- Serves as a hands-on practitioner for design-thinking, agile and other relevant methodologies to accelerate cross-functional collaboration in solution creation.
- Partners closely with cross-functional business leaders to drive process optimization that can then be translated to optimized, simplified and automated technology products.
- Builds on a data-driven approach to decision making by creating actionable dashboards to track KPIs for the technology organization.
- Four year college degree, or equivalent experience; Master's degree preferred.
- 10+ years of technology product and portfolio management with proven experience in launching successful products for consumer and enterprise user communities; exposure to broad stack of contemporary consumer and enterprise solutions.
- Specialized experience in delivering multi-year roadmaps in any of omni-channel, enterprise modernization and remote care would be highly desired.
- Experienced in leading cross-functional teams in an effective, collaborative manner in mid / large organizations.
- Highly analytical with proven experience in managing product costs, ROI, adoption and customer satisfaction.
- Ability to communicate with impact, in writing and verbally to audiences ranging from C-level executives to operational project teams and end users.
- Experience managing or analyzing P&L statements and financial modeling skills.
- Experience in multi-site retail and healthcare organizations will be a plus.
What are the benefits?
National Vision offers a competitive benefits package including Health and Dental Insurance, 401k with company match, Flex Spending Account, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Personal Time Off, and much more. Please see our website www.nationalvision.com to learn more.ll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.