As a Cook / Dietary Aide responsibilities will include:
- Preparing and/or pre-proportion food for regular and therapeutic diets according to the planned menu. Ensuring residents receive their specific meals as prescribed by the physician.
- Follows proper food handling and safety techniques according to established policies and procedures and maintains proper infections control procedures.
- Ensuring food is served in an attractive, appetizing manner, using proper technique to insure quality taste and palatability.
- Maintaining proper temperature of food during preparations. Ensures food is served at proper temperature as per guidelines.
- Records food temps, refrigerator and freezer temps.
- Assists with the setup of the tray line. Assembles trays according to the planned menu and tray tickets, stated portion, resident food preferences, and diet order and within the established time schedules. Assists in checking trays during service for accuracy.
- Follow daily, weekly and monthly cleaning schedules.
- Cleans, washes, and sanitizes dishes, flatware, and utensils used to serve patients and others.
- Assists in maintaining the general cleanliness of the dishwashing area.
- Cleans work area and equipment as assigned.
- Puts up stock in food storage areas and refrigerators as assigned.
- Must be pleasant, respectful and courteous to residents, families, visitors and fellow employees at all times.
- At Least (1) Year Experience
- High School Diploma
- Organized with a high level of attention to detail
- Desire to work with the elderly
- Be a self starter
- Ability to maintain confidentiality to ensure compliance with all HIPAA regulations
Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.