What you will do
Responsible for the local delivery and execution of core HR services to employees and managers in accordance with Johnson Controls Manufacturing System (JCMS) principles, corporate policies and procedures, and distribution center operations. Performs a variety of employment related functions for the ultimate purpose of enhancing employee engagement, safety and health, productivity and ensuring employee compliance with company policies at distribution facilities. This position supports the JCI Distribution Centers in the US,
How you will do it
- Develops effective working relationships with local management and employees in order to influence and coach them on effective employment practices.
- Assists local management on various employment matters including Performance Management issues, succession planning, employee development, employee inquiries or complaints, as well as the implementation of company-wide HR activities.
- Conducts investigations and recommends actions to effectively resolve policy violations. Seeks counsel from HR Director or Legal as necessary to ensure proper risk management.
- Stays current on state/federal employment laws and company policies.
- Conduct hourly recruitment for open positions following established process, in accordance with Affirmative Action requirements.
- Conducts new hire onboarding and orientation using corporate standardized material, as well as local onboarding material.
- Provide training and support for e-tools, including HR Atlas (JCI online employee portal and shared service system), Workday, Share point, Performance Management, and Survey Action Planning
- Serves as the Empowered People champion for the plant
- Provides input for process/policy improvement.
- Perform related duties as assigned
What we look for
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business or related field
- 3 years of Human Resources experience with experience in a Distribution Center or manufacturing environment required
- Demonstrated willingness to actively pursue continuing education related to field
- Strong interpersonal skills and decision making
- Demonstrated conflict management skills
- Ability to work in a matrixed environment
- Effective and professional communication and organization skills
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win everywhere, every day and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through our strategic focus on buildings.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.
- Overtime Status: Exempt