Coloplast has a new opportunity available in Lithia Springs, GA for a Shipper to join our growing team.
As a Shipper, you will work for a fast paced shipping department in a new distribution center. Also ensuring that there is a constant flow of complete and accurate outgoing shipments.
Major Areas of Accountability
- Pick and scan medical products accurately
- Pack medical products accurately
- Pick and pack literature accurately
- Properly shelve finished goods
- Prepare bills of lading for domestic shipments (freight shipper)
- Safely operate lift truck, pallet rider, W.A.V. (work assist vehicle), and/or pallet jack. (Certified PIT operators only)
- Proper handling of special instructions/orders
- Clean and maintain shipping area for the health and safety of employees
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Ability to read and comprehend documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to write simple correspondence and routine reports
- Ability to speak effectively and present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and employees of the operation
- Ability to comprehend work instructions given in English
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Basic knowledge of RF scanner system
- Industrial truck operators are required to attend in-house training and periodically test for license to operate the equipment
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, move, stock or transport product in cartons or on pallets. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
Pursuing an ambitious growth agenda, Coloplast develops and markets products and services that make life easier for people with intimate healthcare needs. Employing about 12,000 people and with products available in more than 143 countries, we are one of the world´s leading medical device companies. We are constantly growing our business and always looking for new ways to move forward – we explore, learn and look for new ways of doing things.
Visit us on Coloplast.com.
Watch the film. Follow us on LinkedIn. Like us on Facebook.
Coloplast is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) which means we employ and promote individuals based on their merits, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, status with regards to public assistance or any other protected classification.