PetIQ provides convenient and affordable pet health and wellness products and veterinary services to pets and their families through retail and ecommerce channels across the country. We are advocates for pet parents, because we believe that all pet parents should be able to provide necessary care that enhances the lives of their pets.
VIP Petcare (PetIQ) is the leader in providing pets and pet owners with affordable, accessible, mobile preventive medicine. If you have a passion for pets, developing talent, and growing your business- we want you! We are looking for highly capable, talented, professional Field Operations Managers who are passionate about pets to lead our field office team. We are currently looking for an Assistant Field Operations Manager to join our growing team!
What does an Assistant Field Operations Manager do?
The Assistant Field Operations Manager is responsible for all aspects of operations at the field office and oversight of office, clinic and/or Wellness Center staff, as directed by the Field Operations Manager. Management of the field office includes administrative duties, facilities and inventory. Other duties include establishing, building and maintaining relationships with host location staff and animal outreach groups within the district; communicating regularly with Field Operations Manager to ensure consistency in how services are being provided to clients and that standard operational procedures are being executed; communicating marketing programs to the staff and ensure that marketing materials are printed for use; assist in recruiting, hiring, training, disciplining and evaluating location's staff; and manage Rig, when necessary, at VIP Petcare (PetIQ) weekend clinics.
Travel includes community clinics, small field offices, and/or wellness centers as needed to effectively drive the business.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Post-secondary degree in business administration, management or operations preferred but not required
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be able to work schedule, which includes varied days and times, most weekends, occasional overnight, and some holiday work
- Safe driving record
- Valid Driver's License required
- Must successfully pass criminal history background check, credit check, and motor vehicle record check
Skills and Aptitudes
- Basic Human Resources principles
- Basic Accounting/Math principles
- Organizational effectiveness
- Operations management implementing best practices
- Business management principles and practices
- Project management practices
- Working with and handling cats and dogs of all sizes, temperaments, and breeds
- Participating in/observing weekend/weekday clinics
- Providing a superior customer experience to our clients and their pets
- Sit for prolonged periods of time in an office or in a motor vehicle
- Ability to lift up to 150 pounds assisted and lift up to 50 pounds unassisted
- Prolonged periods of time utilizing a computer
- Stand/walk/move about for prolonged periods of time while out in the field
- Bend/Stoop/Twist 30% of the time
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- PTO and Holiday Pay
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Matching!
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discounts
PetIQ is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.