At WellStar, we all share common goals. That's what makes us so successful – and such an integral part of our communities. We want the same things, for our organization, for our patients, and for our colleagues. As the most integrated healthcare provider in Georgia, this means we pride ourselves on investing in the communities that we serve. We continue to provide innovative care models, focused on improving quality and access to healthcare.
The Surgical Technologist - Labor/Delivery functions under the direction of the registered professional nurse. Assists the health care team in providing safe, age appropriate and culturally aware patient care. Duties include, but are not limited to, preparation of the operative suite and surgical field to ensure a safe patient care environment including gathering required instruments and supplies and serving as surgical assistant. Other duties as assigned including, but not limited to stocking LDR's and OR's, assisting providers and nurses in vaginal deliveries, obtain weights, measurements, and infant footprints. Also, ensure that the unit is compliant with Joint Commission standards at all times.
Required Minimum Education
- Graduate of an accredited/approved program in surgical technology. However, 10 years or more experience in a comparable setting is acceptable.
Required Minimum Experience
- Six (6) months acute care surgical technology experience and direct patient care experience preferred.
Required Minimum Certification
- National certification in surgical technology preferred. However, 10 years or more experience in a comparable setting is acceptable.
Required Minimum Skills
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to collaborate with other health care providers in the provision of patient care
- Ability to delegate to other team members as required
- Ability to multi-task essential
- Ability to function in stressful and emergency situations essential
- Strong detail orientation required
- Knowledge of surgical procedures required
- Computer skills may be required.