About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world's most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Continuous Improvement Design Engineer is responsible for analyzing and improving current work processes and layouts, recommending and specifying automated equipment, measuring and documenting best practices, implementing lean practices and provides assistance to our new business development team.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Reviewing logistics operations, documenting product and information flow in current operations using tools including value stream maps, process flow diagrams and AutoCAD drawings; reviewing order volume and storage volume data to support operational decisions.
- Coordinate productivity improvement projects across industry operations.
- Integrate QDM requirements and leverage enterprise capabilities.
- Assesses strengths and gaps of functional application of QDM methodologies.
- Developing recommendations for process improvements, suggesting and specifying technological upgrades/ automation of existing processes and equipment; and supporting the implementation of the recommendations.
- Presenting the analysis and solutions to Customers with the project team members.
- Providing support in data management and reporting.
- Developing tools to automate the engineering processes.
- Supporting facilities with analytics and finances to better understand what areas need improved.
- Supporting facilities to meet their continuous improvement yearly goals.
- Provide CI subject matter expertise to field.
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and 6+ years of relevant experience.
- In lieu of degree, high school diploma or GED and 8+ years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of or experience with conveyance, automatic sortation equipment, material handling equipment, and product storage systems a plus.
- Fluency with Microsoft Office, including Access and Project.
- Ability to develop and present solutions that add value to the customer (external or internal).
- Experience developing productivity metrics and reporting tools.
- Ability to identify, design, and develop engineering tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong team player.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend, stoop, push or pull.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 29643