SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as an Emergency Room Registered Nurse.
As a PRN employee you'll enjoy:
- Competitive pay
- 401(k) with employer match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
Additionally, you will have a great opportunity for growth as you'll be joining one of the largest and most successful hospital organizations in the world.
As a Registered Nurse in the Emergency Room, you are responsible to triage, assess and treat patients of all ages presenting for emergency care. We provide timely, compassionate care for patients with emergency and life-threatening conditions. Our range of services include everything from broken bone care to heart attack and stroke treatment. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other. We are seeking a RN that has the same passion for patient care as we do.
- You will document pertinent nursing notes to reflect: change in condition, transfer and discharge
- You will administer medications in accordance with physician orders
- You will respond to and refer incoming telephone calls (may include phone triage when needed)
- You will be responsible for efficient throughput to include understanding and knowledge of all care zones such as triage, rapid treatment area, carepath, pediatric ER, trauma, behavioral health, etc.
- You coordinate and triage incoming ambulance traffic
- You manage care with primary ED attending
- You are responsible for learning, understanding and use of the Emergency Severity Index 5-level triage algorithm
- You are responsible for responding to critical needs as well as serve as a resource nurse for trauma
- You will demonstrate the ability to manage critical situations and make care based decisions.
- You will educate patients regarding their medications, procedure and treatments, providing patients and their families with support throughout their stay.
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of Nursing: Associate's Degree in Nursing or higher is required
- Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state which you practice and/or hold an active Compact/Multi-State RN license
- A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) is preferred and required to be obtained within 12 months of hire/transfer date
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Pediatric Life Support (PALS) is preferred and required to be obtained within 12 months of hire/transfer date
- Previous emergency, pre-hospital or critical care Registered Nurse experience preferred
Memorial Satilla Health is a 200 plus bed, full-service, acute care medical center that has been providing high-quality medical care to the greater Waycross community and southeast Georgia region for more than 60 years. The facility, in the HCA Healthcare South Atlantic Division, attributes its success to the team effort that is focused on caring for you and your family. Memorial Satilla Health employs a staff of over 600 employees and more than 300 physicians who work hard every day to combine safe, quality medical care and advanced technology with compassion and understanding. Key specialty services include Cardiac, Orthopedic, Surgical, Rehabilitation, Sleep and Birthing Centers. Additionally, Memorial Satilla Health treats more than 45,000 emergencies each year and has an extensive Behavioral Health program.
Waycross, GA, and its neighboring town of Blackshear, GA, collectively offer excellent public schools, an active art and theater group, several golf courses, and an excellent array of hiking, fishing, camping and boating. With many large tracts of land available, excellent housing, and low real estate costs, our locale is the perfect place for families.
HCA Healthcare has been consecutively named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere Institute since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.