Senior Individual Taxpayer Advisory Specialist *Temporary NTE 24 Month* (Lead Technical Instructor Cadre)
WHAT IS THE WAGE AND INVESTMENT DIVISION? The Wage & Investment Division (W&I) serves about 122 million taxpayers who file upwards of 94 million returns each year. W&I provides high-quality taxpayer assistance, and enable taxpayers to transact and communicate electronically to file their returns and make payments.
This is a collateral duty assignment with no promotion potential, change to your current permanent position description of record or post of duty.
Learn more about this agency
WHAT DOES A TERRITORY LEAD ON-THE-JOB INSTRUCTOR DO? As a Territory Lead OJI Instructor you will Consult with the area training analyst to establish the list of trainees ready for OJT. Assist managers and OJIs to develop individualized OJT plans for each trainee based on instructor feedback in the OJT guide and student identified opportunities for improvement. Develop exercises and examples that can be made available to FA training. Provide backup and assistance to Territory OJIs as necessary. Attend Training Analyst conference calls for all lead OJIs and conference calls for instructors, OJIs and managers following each classroom training class. Ensure completed OJT is recorded in the ELMs learning history of each trainee who has completed OJT.
As a TERRITORY LEAD ON-THE-JOB INSTRUCTORCadre member you will:
- Maintain a list of trainees to receive on-the-job-training (OJT)
- Ensure each trainee has an OJI
- Ensure Managers and OJIs develop individualized OJT Plans for each trainee based on instructor and student feedback
- Monitor the completion of OJT and track recordation in learning plans
- Answer OJT questions from the field
- Attend conference calls for Lead OJIs, instructors, OJIs and Managers
- Be a coach and mentor to Area OJIs and provide backup and assistance
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Occasional travel - 1 to 5 Nights per Month
- Job family (Series)
0501 Financial Administration And Program
Conditions of Employment
- Refer to Other Information
- Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before applying.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National
- IRS Employees with Career or Career Conditional Appointments.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS: (All grade levels)
Your experience must demonstrate technical expertise to plan and conduct formal training on basic or advanced areas of tax law, procedures, policies, techniques, or other specialized fields unique to your position/occupation. The cadre position covered by this announcement is identified below:
To be eligible you must be in Wage and Investment, Customer Assistant-Relationship & Education (CARE), Field Assistant Area 4. Must apply to current Post of Duty, city and state in the locations listed. Must be currently on PD#96490 or PD #96529. Employee will remain on their Current Tour of Duty.
- The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or Volunteer Service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part- time work is considered on a prorated basis.
- To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.