Join our Winning Team today and start your ownership journey!
WinCo Foods is a family of 20,000+ employee-owners, with 126 grocery stores and our own distribution and transportation network operating across 10 states in the American West, Pacific Northwest and Southwest. As the Low Price Grocery Leader we believe that we make the lives of our customers and employee-owners better and we do it by focusing on the people and communities where we operate.
WinCo Foods began in 1967, in Boise, ID, under the name Waremart, operating stores under the name until 1999, when the name was changed to WinCo Foods, short for Winning Company.
In 1985, after a group of senior employees purchased a majority interest in the company, they made the momentous decision to give WinCo Foods employees a real ownership stake. The WinCo Foods Employee Stock Ownership Trust (ESOP) was born, creating what has now become the third largest Employee-Owned company in the United States.
Today, WinCo Foods is well known and beloved for its everyday low-prices and engaged employee-owners across our service areas, encompassing 126 stores throughout Washington, Idaho, Nevada, California, Oregon, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Oklahoma and Montana.
Here's the best part: The day you start at WinCo Foods is the day you start building your ownership stake! (available at most locations, check the locations Summary Plan Description)
Providing for your future self – While you may not think so today, the WinCo Foods ESOP is a path to financial security. Think about this: to date, we have more than 500 millionaire employee-owners, with hundreds more close behind!
The formula is simple: work hard and the better you do, the better your location does. The better your location does, the better the company does. The better the company does, the better our ESOP does. You get an annual gift of stock equaling 20% of what you make each year. After six years, it's all yours, no matter what. (ESOP available at most locations, check the locations Summary Plan Description)
You can own a grocery store! How cool is that? Work hard, stay focused and it may just support you for the rest of your life!
In addition, WinCo Foods also offers great Healthcare at very low cost, career advancement opportunities, paid vacation and sick leave, and competitive wages.
So what are you waiting for? Apply now!
Accurately selects product and prepares store orders for shipment. Processes inbound and outbound freight; moves, loads, receives, locates, relocates, stacks and counts product. Operates powered, industrial equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Picks orders by selecting items from the warehouse according to a pick list created from store orders. Places items on a pallet ensuring product integrity, stability and safety. Stages completed pallets at assigned dock doors for shipment.
- Operates Forklifts, picking-up and putting away pallets of product from receiving docks and places them into reserve slots. Lets down pallets of product from reserve slots and places them in pick slots to replenish order picking inventory. Pulls full pallet orders for stores and stages them at the assigned dock doors for shipment.
- Receives product, ensuring it is accurately checked and counted. Confirms product is free of damage and infestation; has adequate shelf life and is at proper temperature; all documentation is correct, etc. Verifies description, UPC, quality, quantity, labeling, etc. corresponds with the Bill of Lading and Purchase Order. Documents discrepancies properly.
- Accounts for all product assigned to each load. Compares the quantity, quality, labeling to the load control documents. Arranges in proper delivery sequence; consolidates and loads product such that legal weight distribution on axle groups and product integrity will be maintained throughout the travel and delivery process.
- Meets established company standards on a daily basis including productivity, safety, sanitation, etc.
- Ensures that all safety procedures and policies are followed; comply with OSHA standards. Maintains a clean, neat and orderly work area.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
- Work in environments which include concrete floors and a variety of temperatures ranging -12 degrees F in the freezer to 34 degrees and high humidity in chilled areas, to ambient non-air conditioned warehouse areas.
- Work various shifts and days in a 24/7 operation; including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Demonstrate initiative and self-direction to effectively manage time
- Obtain necessary licensing / certification to safely and efficiently operate required equipment including powered industrial forklifts, powered pallet jacks, shrink-wrap machines and radio frequency computer terminals.
- Learn and memorize warehouse physical layout and operating procedures.
- Quickly and accurately perform basic math functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division) without the aid of a calculator; visualize and calculate quantities in three dimensional stacked arrangements and tier); calculate proper distribution of weights and volumes within a trailer while loading.
- Communicate utilizing comprehensive verbal, written and inter-personal communication skills.
- Exhibit manual dexterity, hand/eye coordination, and depth perception.
- Perform repetitious work accurately and with mental alertness.
- Stand, walk and move rapidly throughout a shift.
- Bend, stoop, twist and turn frequently.
- Reach, lift, stack and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and weights up to approximately 50 lbs. frequently and 80-100 lbs. occasionally, within the range of floor level to overhead.
- Establish and maintain good rapport with co-workers, supervisors and others.
- Prioritize and perform a variety of simultaneous tasks (multi-tasking).
- Perform primary duties safely with efficiency and accuracy.
- Perform primary duties with efficiency, accuracy honesty and integrity.
Machines and Equipment Operated:
- Forklift, Powered Pallet Jack, Hand held radio frequency computer devices, Computer keyboard, and mouse.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company policies and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of personnel may vary.
As WinCo Foods continues to grow, our diversity—from our variety of perspectives and wide range of experiences—is essential to our strategy and success. We are committed to continue to cultivate and celebrate an inclusive environment in which all employees are valued and respected regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.