29 JunNO THIRD-PARTY VENDORS
Taos is immediately hiring an Operations Center Engineer to join our Managed Services Division in Boise, Idaho! Candidates should be locally based, but position will be 100% remote under current conditions.
Who you are:
You are an experienced IT professional with drive, passion, and enthusiasm. You are eager to join a diverse, multidisciplinary team focused on enterprise level innovations as well as helping teams developing products that leverage emerging technologies and well-established environment. Your excellent customer service and communication skills make you a valuable addition to any organization. You excel at remaining flexible, always striving to be nimble, smart, and effective. As an Operations Center Engineer, you will provide administration, server support, management, and server-side network configuration for multiple clients.
What you’ll be doing:
- Assisting L3 Engineering with oversight of multiple servers throughout the complete lifecycle of design, implementation, maintenance, performance improvement, upgrade, and retirement
- Onboarding new clients when applicable, requiring travel and customer facing skills
- Acting as a conduit between L3 Engineering and the Operations Center by identifying, documenting, and transitioning procedures and tasks that facilitate improvements to Infrastructure Services
- Regularly contributing to the development and continual improvement of Operations Center Standards for monitoring, automation, knowledge management, training, and overall best practices that can be utilized in Design, Transition, and operation of Infrastructure Services
- Supporting L3 Engineering with disaster recovery plans, backup and recovery administration, and security policy settings
What you’ll bring with you:
- A generalist across multiple towers at a minimum of an L2 level
- A self-driven problem solver; able to identify issues, provide recommended remediation and own the resolution
- A team player that strives to mentor other systems administrators to continually improve their administration capabilities
- Comfortable interfacing with customers remotely and in person.
- Available to travel up to 50 percent of the time to transition new
Driven to stay abreast of the latest technology, consistently updating your skillset
- A communicator who utilizes critical thinking skills to know when to inform, lead and listen to drive our business forward
- At least one certification in Cloud; GCP, AWS, Azure or the equivalent experience
- Experience across a wide variety of tools; SolarWinds, Nagios, OpsView, etc.
- Experience in Automation and Scripting across multiple tools
- At least 5 years working as an administrator or the equivalent abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Schedule flexibility
Who is Taos?
Taos is a comprehensive technology services company that simplifies today’s complex digital landscape by providing both strategic and technical guidance while implementing transformative solutions. As part of the nation's technology landscape since 1989, we offer opportunities that will allow you to achieve your career goals and objectives.
We're changing the face of some of the most innovative companies with our diverse solution offerings, exceptional talent, and thought leadership. Our clients look to us first for advice, insight, and support, driving us to relentlessly focus on customer success.
Let’s talk about us:
Some IT professionals watch their careers shoot straight up. Others spend years at one company after another struggling to get noticed and stay on top of developing technologies. If you are looking for a place that puts employees first while staying on the cutting-edge of technology, come to Taos. We’ll immerse you in multiple environments, give you access to the collaboration of a strong technical community, and expose you to innovation as it happens in real-time. With unparalleled adaptability, you have the opportunity to leverage Taos as an employer to be successful.
We love referrals so much that we pay for them! If you know someone that you would recommend, send an email to email@example.com or Contact Us and we will do the rest! We'll make sure that you receive the $1000 referral bonus after they are employed with us.
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, medical and dental insurance, 401k, paid vacation, sick time and holiday pay, plus loads of free training (Puppet, Chef, Nagios, LAMP Stack, PMP, ITIL, Python, etc.)!
How to apply:
If you’re interested in this position or know someone who is, please email your resume (Word or PDF format) and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Taos Mountain, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Veterans are encouraged to apply!
This employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Please go to http://www.taos.com/join-our-team/ and review the E-Verify Participant and Right to Work links for more information.