Here, we believe there's not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there's a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We'll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you to show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans.
This position is required to grow top lines sales at assigned home improvement stores within a geographic territory. Provide merchandising and sales support at Home Center(s) that carry Retail North America Division's products. Conduct product knowledge training and in store demo's. Shelf maintenance including down stockings, inventory management and installing / maintaining promotional displays. Complete weekly paperwork including expense reports and call schedules. Utilize the CRM system to document sales calls and store visits. Sales Service Representatives will also gather and document competitor intelligence information in the CRM. Ability to conduct product demos to support selling process.
As a Retail North America Division sales professional you will have the opportunity to drive sales, and grow your territory and contribute to the achievement of organizational goals. You will learn a wide variety of selling related skills including planning and conducting effective sales calls, identifying and exceeding customer needs and sales opportunities, inventory systems knowledge, management, expense management, as well as promotional selling and basic marketing.
- Previous experience in Customer Service, Sales, Marketing or other Business related field
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule which includes evenings and weekends
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Strong organizational & communication skills
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred. Consideration will be given for significant industry experience in lieu of a degree
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without now or in the future requiring sponsorship for employment visa status
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must be able to work all scheduled hours which may include weekends
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Retail store environment, paint department specifically, in addition to contractor site visits, including new construction settings.
- Travel required within assigned region, potentially including overnight travel, up to 50% of the time.
- Positions in this class typically require: typing, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
- Ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, type, grasp, feel, talk, hear, see and perform repetitive motions; ability to climb a ladder.
- Ability to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- May require prolonged standing in retail store environment.
- Ability to accurately distinguish color for the purpose of visual color matching and color recommendations.
- Licensed and physically capable of operating a motor vehicle (passenger car).
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, citizenship status, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referral of protected veterans.