Taos is immediately hiring a Systems Administrator to join our Managed Services team in Boise, ID. Candidates should be locally based, but position will be 100% remote under current conditions.
Who you are:
You are a versatile technologist with a knack for customer service. You thrive in a team environment and love to solve problems. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and have no problem helping to document issues. You’re eager to support our stakeholders to achieve operational success.
What you’ll be doing:
- Providing responsive and high-quality technical support in the 24x7 Network Operations Center
- Serving as the first line of support for internal customer calls, e-mails, and support tickets to assist in system diagnostics, resolving technical problems, system outages, and maintenance
- Proactively monitoring all production networks, servers, applications, and services
- Responding to alerts/alarms and escalations according to standard operating procedures
- Tracking all issues utilizing a ticketing system
- Helping to define and document Operations Methods & Procedures (M&Ps) for the Network Operations Center department
- Implementing and strictly following change management procedures and systems to ensure the reliability of the network and applications to meet service level agreements
- Working with Solution Engineering support and third-party vendors during routine deployment and outages
- Ensuring escalations are handled in a professional, consistent, and relentless manner
- Managing incidents from beginning through final resolution, including customer notification
- Fulfilling additional duties as assigned
What you’ll bring with you:
- Ability to work non-standard hours and shifts
- Minimum 1 year of system administration experience
- A passion for and strong desire to learn about Cloud and other cutting-edge technologies
- Previous experience in a large-scale, heterogeneous data center environment (preferably Windows 2012R2 and newer or RHEL7.x / UBUNTU 16.04 LTS+)
- Prior experience with TCP/IP, routers, switches, hubs, firewalls, domains, DNS, DHCP, and subnets using CIDR
- Proficiency using network hardware CLI & GUIs to troubleshoot issues (Cisco IOS/PAN)
- Knowledge of and ability to work across all platforms of Windows and Linux Server, networking, data base administration, virtualization, and storage, including but not limited to:
- File/Folder Permissions
- Local Storage/SAN/NAS/NFS/ISCSI Mounted Storage
- Managing Shared Resources
- Familiarity with Cloud technologies on AWS, GCP and/or Azure Platforms
- Familiarity with patch management software, understand core concepts of patch strategy and software
- Excellent verbal and written communication, stellar customer service skills
- Familiarity with the principles and practice of system configuration management using modern declarative tools. (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc.)
- A Cloud Certification in GCP, AWS or Azure is a plus
- Familiarity with GCP, AWS and/or Azure. Examples:
- EC2, S3, EBS, ELB/ALB, Lambda, Cloud Functions, Compute, VPC, Azure Storage, Azure VM, Azure Networking, VPN’s
- Understanding of PaaS database offerings and how they work
- Firm grasp of PaaS, SaaS, IaaS, and other cloud-based environments
- Demonstrated basic scripting knowledge (Bash, Python or PowerShell)
Who is Taos?
Taos is a comprehensive technology services company that simplifies today’s complex digital landscape by providing both strategic and technical guidance while implementing transformative solutions. As part of the nation's technology landscape since 1989, we offer opportunities that will allow you to achieve your career goals and objectives.
We're changing the face of some of the most innovative companies with our diverse solution offerings, exceptional talent, and thought leadership. Our clients look to us first for advice, insight, and support, driving us to relentlessly focus on customer success.
Let’s talk about us:
Some IT professionals watch their careers shoot straight up. Others spend years at one company after another struggling to get noticed and stay on top of developing technologies. If you are looking for a place that puts employees first while staying on the cutting-edge of technology, come to Taos. We’ll immerse you in multiple environments, give you access to the collaboration of a strong technical community, and expose you to innovation as it happens in real-time. With unparalleled adaptability, you have the opportunity to leverage Taos as an employer to be successful.
We love referrals so much that we pay for them! If you know someone that you would recommend, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or Contact Us and we will do the rest! We'll make sure that you receive the $1000 referral bonus after they are employed with us.
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, medical and dental insurance, 401k, paid vacation, sick time and holiday pay, plus loads of free training (Puppet, Chef, Nagios, LAMP Stack, PMP, ITIL, Python, etc.)!
How to apply:
If you’re interested in this position or know someone who is, please email your resume (Word or PDF format) and contact information to email@example.com.
Taos Mountain, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Veterans are encouraged to apply!
This employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Please go to http://www.taos.com/join-our-team/ and review the E-Verify Participant and Right to Work links for more information.